This place is heavenly. So many nice touches e.g. the taxi for the transfer had 2 booster seats for my 5 and 4 year olds. Only a couple minor negative things to say.
When we arrived we were given a lovely welcome cocktail and told our suite was ready. Within 2 mins the suite wasn’t ready and we would have to wait 15 mins. 25 mins later, I went to enquire and a phone call was made and the suite was indeed ready. I got the impression that if I hadn’t have asked, we may have been stuck their longer.
The weather was very disappointing for the first morning and it was too cold to swim in either the pool or the sea. Although we mentioned this to staff, nothing was said. It took out (very good) travel company to advise us that the sister hotel – Dinorobin had heated pools. This suddenly turned round a gloomy mood to a very happy one. You travel by hotel cart between the two.
The food and the service were absolutely floorless. I’d especially recommend Il Gusto and Saveurs Des Iles, both at the Dinorobin – just lovely.
On the whole, in my opinion, the food and pools at the Dinorobin are the better of the two hotels, whereas the beach is better at the Paradis.
This place is a money making machine. Everything is ultra expensive: - a bottle of Corona £7, a glass of Sprit £3 and a small glass of uneventful champagne £10. The laundry is also very expensive -£1 for a pair of socks. We were here for 14 nights, 12 nights in a deluxe family suite and thought we’d have to move for the last 2 nights. We were then told that we could stay for the 14 nights in the same suite provided we paid £426 for the privilege. We found out that other people had been give free room upgrades. Once again, it was the fantastic travel company that got us the remaining 2 nights complimentary.
Beach hawkers can be a bit in your face. Better to say no thank you than to say I’ll think about it. If you give them any inclination that you might be considering their things, they harass you and it can be very uncomfortable. Also, their prices are 2 or 3 time more than in the shops, so beware!
The kids club is great with loads of different activities for children every day. Absolutely lovely staff. But, when we arrived we were told we’d have to pay for lunch, evening meal and drinks if the children had their meals in the kids club. We said we felt it was very odd given that we’d already paid. They then changed their minds and said we wouldn’t have to pay.
We went to play table tennis, which was fun (they have two tables) and noticed that there was a pool table. We were told there was a charge for this. Admittedly it was about £1 but you do begin to think why bother?
If I were to come back to Mauritius, I’d want to stay here again. Highly recommended but very expensive. I’d cannot recommend Kate Lee at Full Circle Travel (Oxfordshire) highly enough. She was brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate leisure resort in Mauritius! If you are looking for outstanding luxury family holidays in Mauritius, look no further than Paradis Hotel & Golf Club. One of the finest luxury hotels in Mauritius, Paradis enjoys a superb location on the island's south-western tip. Situated on Le Morne peninsula, the resort is set against the backdrop of the iconic Le Morne mountain and edges onto one of the most scenic shorelines on the island.The greatest leisure resort in Mauritius, Paradis offers superb accommodation in rooms, suites or villas fringed by a pure white sand beach and the island's largest lagoon. Le Paradis is adjacent to Dinarobin, a neighbouring Beachcomber hotel of the same category. Both resorts share their facilities and create undeniably, one of the island's greatest attractions in terms of quality and variety. A stay at Paradis heralds a fantastic culinary journey as the resort has four restaurants to choose from. The hotel is not only perfect for leisure seekers, but also for families travelling with children. A true sporting paradise in Mauritius, Paradis offers an extensive choice of complimentary land and water sports plus the opportunity to play on three championship golf courses in the vicinity including its very own 18-hole international golf course. The hotel also has a golf academy welcoming beginners and seasoned golfers alike and a Spa which provides the perfect setting to soothe the body and mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradis Hotel And Golf Club
- Paradis Hotel Le Morne
- Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Le Morne