Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$77
View deal
Priceline$77
Booking.com$77
Hotels.com$77
Travelocity$77
Orbitz.com$77
Tripadvisor$77
All reviews beach room every evening nice pool beautiful room infinity pool ground floor clifford cocktails taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2020 via mobile

Stayed in beachfront suite. Photos totally misleading - looks nothing like that in reality. Supposed to be an adults only retreat - had children as well as other guests and random people using facilities. Old, shabby and run down. No beach to sit on. Pool in poor repair, light with loose wires hanging in water - hazard. Loungers, cushions broken and wet all the time because they are left out at night. Food ok. Would definitely NOT return or recommend.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2020

For what we paid (and the star grading) we weren't expecting a luxury stay. That said, we were expecting clean, (in the best room in the resort) well maintained and equipped room. We were slightly disappointed.

You get simple and clean enough.

While the beach room is wonderfully positioned, it was so windy that we weren't able to sit outside and enjoy the pool area and beach in front of our room. Maybe it was the time of year. We did enjoy the pool room pool area though, which was protected from the wind.

The staff really were lovely, and I must commend them all.

The restaurant was beautiful (loved the cocktails) but the food was bang average. A good place to have pre-dinner drinks and then to disappear to find somewhere special for a meal (there is a nice place along the beach).

Overall a nice-to-average stay, in a decent location. Close enough to take a short bus ride to Perebay, which is a stunning little beach. I must say this was extremely convenient.

If you are looking for romantic or luxury, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a simple and affordable base in Grand Baie with a sea view, then this is perfect for you.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 1 January 2020

This resort was a HUGE DISAPOINTMENT! It is nothing like the pictures you see on their website. When checking in we had to wait in the reception area along time before staff assisted us and showed us to our rooms. There is a room off the reception with an unorganised dingy little shop.. which to be honest I was not sure if it was a shop, store room or office as there is an old Chinese man sitting at a desk in there. My mom and dad were taken to there room which was on the ground floor, garden facing and myself, my husband and daughter to a separate bungalow. Both supposed to be "garden facing"?? but ours faced more onto the parking lot and disposed building rubble..It was also close to the road and very noisy.

Apon walking into the hotel we noticed how run down and unkept the place is. The garden is messy with lots of weeds, the buildings have not seen a fresh lick of paint in years...absolutely no maintenance. Everything seems to have been repaired on the cheap and left half finished, building rubble left piled all over the place. Garden lights and fittings hanging without being secured and live wires exposed. I was a little shocked and thought what have we come to????

Apon entering our bungalow, I wanted to make some coffee, but there was no water in the fridge to fill the kettle. Normally at any good hotel you would at least receive a bottle of water daily. I went down to the reception to enquire about the lack of water to drink, I was told they do not supply any bottled water, but they did have a shop that you could buy from. Which was 6 times the price that I was paying for in the supermarket down the road. A total rip off and another sign that they are only after your money.

The toilet in my parents apartment was not working..the water was running continuously. They asked for someone to come and please sort it out and was told someone would come assist...we waited and waited but no one came. That first night there was a burst water pipe on the outside, pouring water onto the top of an AC Unit making a huge noise right next to where my parents were meant too sleep..my husband went to complain and was told they would sort it out, they never did even after numerous complaints to sort it out.

If you are thinking of using this hotel, STOP right there, DONT, it is the pits!!!

There are may more things that we were disappointed about, but it would take up too much time, and frankly I want to put this disappointment behind me now. I will NEVER go back there.

Room tip: Don't go to this hotel..simple as that!
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Cazaimee
Reviewed 21 November 2019 via mobile

Our experience at the hotel was below average. We stayed in a garden room which was clean however in need of maintenance. The ceiling was moldy and light fitting hanging from the roof. The drinks including water were rediculously expensive and we were not allowed to bring our own water to dinner. Our safe did not work and we eventually gave up asking as it did not help. Needless to say we had to travel everywhere with our passports etc. Food was exceptional, service was stiff and ocasionally friendly. My wife and I agree that we would not return to Ocean Villas.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2019

This Hotel is great!!! the service is excellent, the rooms are great!! the staff are friendly, the food is great there is nothing i can say bad about our time there, we spend 8 nights with them and enjoyed everyday of it, the Breakfast is more then sufficient so that you do not need to purchase any food during the day, at night the dinner is marvelous with a very good selection, the only thing i can complain about is that we had a sea facing room and the wind there is terrible (end of September, dont know the rest of the year) but that is not in the hotels control. Wifi worked perfectly everywhere on the premises so had no issues at all. Thank you and hope to come again soon

Room tip: book for half board so that breakfast and dinner is included, use the Mont Choisy beach 2km away it is lovely.
Date of stay: September 2019