9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Travelocity$1,075
Hotels.com$1,075
Booking.com$1,148
travelup.com$1,281
Orbitz.com$1,075
Destinia.com$1,131
All reviews la goelette michelin star ocean suite four seasons ultimate luxury main restaurant sorbet beach service our honeymoon exceptional hotel free water activities beach bar sun loungers feel special spa treatments moment you arrive rooms are spacious
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 week as part of our honeymoon and we had the most special holiday due to the following factors:

First of all the hotel - the bedroom was spotless and fresh towels provided throughout the day. The attention to detail with the chocolates and personalised writing paper was truly beautiful. As it was our honeymoon, the hotel decorated our room with real rose petals and candles to make us feel even more special.

The food - absolutely spectacular. The flavours and variety of choice on the menu was excellent. My husband and I have eaten in many top quality and Michelin star restaurants and the food at Royal Palm was outstanding.

The staff - the people working at the hotel made our stay extremely memorable for all the right reasons. They were attentive, efficient and so genuine. I want to thank Sepul, Avinash and Munish in particular for their fantastic service at the main restaurant . Also, Vanessa from reception is incredible at her job and a real asset to the hotel, who goes above and beyond to accommodate.

Thank you to all the staff at Royal Palm for a fantastic holiday. We will be back!

Susie Marshall

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury, Other at Royal Palm Beachcomber, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2022

Dear Mrs. Marshall,

Your magnificent tribute to our staff is truly moving and we are so grateful to you for taking the time to write on the page of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for choosing the Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury for your honeymoon. We wish you both the most amazing wedding life ahead.

We are delighted that your stay was sensational and very much hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

We arrived at Royal Palm not really knowing what to expect.

Although the price is high (potentially the most expensive hotel on the island) it was more than justified with the service and experience we received during our week long stay.

We stayed on a half board basis and the food was absolutely incredible from start to finish. We have eaten at many quality restaurants across the globe however the food we ate at Royal Palm was on a different level. Specifically, I would like to thank Avinash, Muchen, Sepul and the other staff who helped make our time so special. They couldn’t have done anything more and would always go above and beyond to ensure we were having the best experience possible.

The beach at Royal Palm is extremely private and the sand is so soft. The water is turquoise blue and it really is picture perfect. Rahul and the beach staff were so helpful in ensuring our towels were always fixed/replaced, our complimentary ice water was constantly topped up, and the service (just like every other area of the hotel) was out of this world.

I had the unfortunate event of dislocating my shoulder (it was my own fault) when I spent time at the hotel however again this was no issue for the staff. The reception manager (Vanessa) personally took my wife and myself to the closest (and best) hospital and arranged all documentation, payments, treatment etc. The doctor was able to get me fixed up within a very short time and I was extremely impressed with the attention I received. Vanessa then made a copy of everything I needed and provided me with the documentation/information at the end of our stay. Once again, the service was 10/10.

It is hard to fault this hotel at all however we did think there was a slight room for improvement with the cocktails. They are quite Alcohol focused (which some people like) however we think they could have been slightly more balanced in comparison to cocktails we have tried elsewhere. We just stuck to the Phoenix Beer (or Mauritian water) which was great!

Honestly, if you are going to be spending time in Mauritius I would highly recommend that you spend all (or at least some) of your time at this amazing hotel. I can guarantee that you will struggle to find a better experience elsewhere!

Dear Stephen M,

What an incredible commendation of our hotel and staff! We are ecstatic and very humbled by your words. Thanks so much for making time to write this incredible review.

We are so happy that you have enjoyed spending your vacation at the Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury. I am sorry to read about the dislocation of your shoulder. I do hope you feel better.

The staff joins me in thanking you for the compliments. Your comment about the cocktails have been well noted and shared with the people concerned.

We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2022

Just back from the most fabulous week at the Royal Palm. The hotel is beautiful and the setting almost beyond words. My daughter thought a photo I sent of my husband on the beach was a fake!
We had a junior suite on the first floor, and it was spacious and comfortable. But you won’t want to spend a lot of time in your room. The spa, gym, pools and of course the ocean itself all beckon.
I cannot properly express the excellence of both the food and the service. We felt welcomed and looked after everywhere we went. There were so many surprising touches that delighted us. I am not going to even try to list them here as I’m sure I’d forget something or someone, but also because I wouldn’t want to spoil the pleasure any visitor new to the hotel will experience. We were pointed in the direction of this hotel by Stewart Travel in Ayr to whom we owe thanks. Great advice. I thoroughly recommend. Thank you everyone at the Royal Palm.

Room tip: All rooms face the ocean so only choice would be your budget if you fancy an upgrade. We were more than content with a junior suite.

Dear shirleyforan,

We are very appreciative of the time you have taken to write about your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury and for spending a most fabulous week.

I have shared with much pleasure your feedback with the teams, and they thank you wholeheartedly.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

We are a family of 3 and we had an absolute blast at Royal Palm.

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel. It is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We have stayed in many top end 5 star hotels and resorts around the world, and this has beaten them all.

We were worried about the size of the resort and thought that it might be too small. Our concerns were short lived. We realised that it’s about quality and not quantity.

The service is what sets this resort apart from others. It is spectacularly good. Nothing is too much trouble, they never said ‘no’ to any request.

The staff is what makes this place. Without them, the hotel would not stand out and would blend in with the likes of Four Seasons, Oberoi, One&Only, etc.

To name a few of the stand out members of staff, Rahul at the beach, Divesh the sommelier at the restaurant, the manager at the restaurant (sorry, I can’t remember his name), the chef, the guy at the sports centre who played squash and table tennis with me, the housekeeping manager and staff, the remaining staff at the beach, restaurant, sports area and reception… all absolute gems of staff.

If I were forced to pick negatives, it would be the limitations on food. Only one restaurant was open, the Italian was closed. The food choice becomes a bit repetitive after 12 nights at just one restaurant. However, to the credit of the staff, they spoke to us and asked us to choose what we would like the chef to cook… and they did it too. Amazing service.

The other negative is the mark up on wine. Yes they are a 5 star hotel, but it was a bit excessive to charge almost £200 for a bottle of wine that costs £15-£20.

If you’re thinking about booking, don’t hesitate.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear R R,

Thank you for choosing the Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury to spend your holidays with your family. We are so thrilled to read your superb feedback and are most pleased that you had an absolute blast with us. Many thanks for taking the time writing the message.

We are grateful for the recommendation and for the compliments for our staff and especially for those mentioned in your review. I have shared it with great pleasure with the teams. Your comments about the choice of food and cost of wine have also been noted. The points raised will undoubtedly help us improve the quality of our services.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the Royal Palm Hotel to celebrate the birthday of my husband. We had a wonderful stay. We wish to thank the guest relation and reception staff for the responsiveness and attention. The Palm suite was wonderful… spacious and perfect. Service and treatments at the Spa was excellent. Thank you so much restaurant team to make our evenings at the restaurant.

Date of stay: August 2022

Dear Mrs Louvet,

We are grateful to you for taking the time to write this amazing review.

We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury to celebrate the birthday of your husband. We shall not fail to share your feedback with the teams.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.