Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,947 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2019

Went all inclusive to Merville Beach Hotel for 2 weeks in June and had a great time. We stayed in one of the beach bungalows, which had a fine big bathroom really big and comfortable bed. Room was cleaned very well each day. Every member of staff at the Merville was smiling and always very nice. Breakfast you had a choice of bacon,eggs cooked to taste, juices, cereal croissants and filled you up. Lunch was a la crate and we tried most things but loved the Merville club sandwich. After a lovely morning on the beach, I always ordered 2 glasses of orange juice for myself and soon got known to the serving staff as orange juice man. Evening meal was a buffet which was themed, Chinese, Asian, etc. and my wife loved the food as it was spicy, she gave it 10/10. I prefer my food to be a bit plainer but still had choice and I would give it 7/10. The water sports were free and available to all guests. The bar closed at 12.00 and the entertainment was a dancing show followed by a band who were excellent. We loved the bar and Spencer always had a chat with us and ensured we also had a drink in front of us. As we were all inclusive, all of the local drinks and some cocktails were free. Otherwise, it was €8.75 for a pint of Phoenix lager which was really nice. The thing that we loved most was the beach, absolutely gorgeous and wonderful sunsets. We loved walking from one end of the beach to the other.
Overall the best holiday we ever had. The Merville is being knocked down and a new 5 star hotel will replace it and reopen in about 18 months. Thanks to all the staff who made our star such a memorable one from the Irishman and his wife. Would love to return in June 2021 if we can afford your prices

Room tip: Go all inclusive
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank iananthonyb2017
Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

Had the best time at our favourite hotel in Mauritius. So sad that you are closing down and building a five star hotel. Will miss the prettiest stretch of beach, the lovely staff and wonderful ambience!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank LorraineD1549
Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

Don't be deceived by this hotel's humble 3 star rating! It is really in one of the best spots in mauriitus, with a 5 star service! Loved the welcome from start to finish, in particular mr Iqbal at front desk. Room was very good and it had one of the best pools I have ever been to, with a depth of 2m75! Food could have been better. Great to see it being renovated as it has so much potential!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2019

I think this was my 10th time at Merville Beach - I first came in 2004. The hotel, staff, beach and pool are amazing. The food is also lovely although we did eat out a few nights but breakfast on the hot plate with eggs, bacon, omelettes is superb. The bar and pool staff are funny and friendly (although I declined aqua aerobics) and my son and I enjoyed the table tennis and volleyball. it is such a shame that this hotel is being renovated to a 5 star Lux resort - the saying goes "if it is not broken don't fix it!" I truly hope that when it reopens at the end of 2020 that it will maintain its character and also not be out of reach price wise from people like myself who have stayed there many times. I wish all of the staff well wherever they are transferred to during the times of renovation and I hope to see you (price allowing) after you re-open in December 2020. Thank you for so many lovely memories. Jon

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank JonParker
Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to many 4* and 5* hotels and Merville isn’t less than a 4* hotel. We’ve had such a warm welcome from the staffs since we arrived until we left the hotel. The food was great. There are so many cocktail choices in the all inclusive package. The room has a really nice balcony view. They have us a bottle of champagne for free in the room which was a very nice gesture. I’m so sad that this hotel will close for renovation in July and won’t open until 2020, because I would have loved to go there again. The only negative thing that I have to say about this hotel is that the corridors leading to the rooms are narrow and dark so it can be quite spooky at night. But other than that, I loved my stay at Merville.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple