Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,947 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

Had the best time at our favourite hotel in Mauritius. So sad that you are closing down and building a five star hotel. Will miss the prettiest stretch of beach, the lovely staff and wonderful ambience!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank LorraineD1549
Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

Don't be deceived by this hotel's humble 3 star rating! It is really in one of the best spots in mauriitus, with a 5 star service! Loved the welcome from start to finish, in particular mr Iqbal at front desk. Room was very good and it had one of the best pools I have ever been to, with a depth of 2m75! Food could have been better. Great to see it being renovated as it has so much potential!

Reviewed 12 June 2019

I think this was my 10th time at Merville Beach - I first came in 2004. The hotel, staff, beach and pool are amazing. The food is also lovely although we did eat out a few nights but breakfast on the hot plate with eggs, bacon, omelettes is superb. The bar and pool staff are funny and friendly (although I declined aqua aerobics) and my son and I enjoyed the table tennis and volleyball. it is such a shame that this hotel is being renovated to a 5 star Lux resort - the saying goes "if it is not broken don't fix it!" I truly hope that when it reopens at the end of 2020 that it will maintain its character and also not be out of reach price wise from people like myself who have stayed there many times. I wish all of the staff well wherever they are transferred to during the times of renovation and I hope to see you (price allowing) after you re-open in December 2020. Thank you for so many lovely memories. Jon

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank JonParker
Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to many 4* and 5* hotels and Merville isn’t less than a 4* hotel. We’ve had such a warm welcome from the staffs since we arrived until we left the hotel. The food was great. There are so many cocktail choices in the all inclusive package. The room has a really nice balcony view. They have us a bottle of champagne for free in the room which was a very nice gesture. I’m so sad that this hotel will close for renovation in July and won’t open until 2020, because I would have loved to go there again. The only negative thing that I have to say about this hotel is that the corridors leading to the rooms are narrow and dark so it can be quite spooky at night. But other than that, I loved my stay at Merville.

1  Thank Fatimah1490
Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

we were greeted by a lovely girl who I think realised that we had had little sleep on our overnight flight. Our room wasn't quite ready as we'd were early and she arranged for us to shower and change, we started to feel a bit more human then.
The hotel knew we were celebrating and gave us a lovely room, just steps away from the beach. We received some complimentary bubbly and flowers in our room, which was lovely.
All the staff were lovely, the food was great, a nice variety each day, we didn't go all inclusive as wanted to avoid over eating (we have done this before and I have no self control!)
There was a boat to take you out snorkelling, there was water skiing, wind surfing, pedaloes,and kayaking. The beach was dreamy.
Need I go on.