Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews beach rouge rooftop bar mr ashok asian cuisine architectural design wet bar beach team junior suit exquisite experience kelly hoppen guest experience manager executive assistant manager truffle scrambled eggs infinity pool rum tasting few hiccups great gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2022

Beautiful set up in a damn good location.we had a wonderful stay.I don’t have have enough words to describe the whole experience we had during our stay.
The staff is super nice and they give a personal touch.
Food is good but not much options for vegetarians.pizza will blow your mind completely.

Gm ( mr Ashish ) was very helpful during the stay.
F/b manager Mr sas Banerjee pampered us left right centre and took very good care of us and tried his best to provide us vegetarian food.we were very impressed with the whole experience.
Mr joy (guest relation manager ) he was kind enough to help us with everything we wanted.
Chef Richard was a very sweet and courteous person and took good care of everything

Beach is neat clean and crystal clear water.
junior suite is best if u want the beach view.there residence rooms are little away from the main hotel so it’s a 5/7 min walk to the main area.all the rooms are done up beautifully and very modern.the wet bar is lovely with a beach view and the rooftop bar is magical ( it’s like a dream ).
This hotel is recommended if u want a memorable holiday.I am definitely coming back soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank manisha mimani m
Ashish Modak, General Manager at LUX* Grand Baie Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2022

Dear manisha mimani m,

Words are not enough for us to express our sincere thanks to you for staying with us and for taking the time sharing your experience on this forum.

All of us in the team are glad that you had a wonderful holiday among us and they join me in expressing our gratitude for the lovely comments of yours.

All the service experiences described actually humbles us and reinforces my belief that we are indeed one of the finest offerings on this paradise island!

We cannot wait to welcome you back again for another five star stay with us!

Warm island regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2022 via mobile

Modern, luxurious resort!

Elegant and classy suite with spectacular views. Beach was clean and only a few steps from the suite. Swimming pools were all amazing.

Excellent hospitality by the entire team, especially Sas (F&B), Kailash (Beach rouge), Sureka (housekeeping).

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank syk181
Ashish Modak, General Manager at LUX* Grand Baie Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

Dear syk181,

Greetings from the beautiful LUX* Grand Baie!

Thank you for your short but glowing review to us.

We are pleased to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Sas, Kailash & Sureka are deeply touched by your praises to them and are thankful.

We look forward to welcoming you soon for another great experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Loved every moment of our time spent at this brand new resort. Excellent views from the roof top bar / swimming pool. The food and the service was lovely. The hotel has one of the most prestine beaches on the island.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Krishna R,

It was such a pleasure welcoming you to our beautiful LUX* Grand Baie and we all appreciate the time taken to write a review to us on this platform.

You are absolutely right; our rooftop restaurant 'Bisou' is an experience not to be missed.

Until we have the pleasure to see you back again, do rest assured of my personal attention at all times.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Rarely extending my stay, but simply could not resist. Resort is luxurious and that's what we like and as a foodie I have very high expectations.
Check in was fast and transport clean with very friendly driver. Check in very fast and actually right there I've noticed kind of welcoming atmosphere coming out of each person, weird but pleasant, Jamie and Siena was very helpful and remembered our names during whole stay. After super long flight I did really enjoy fresh fish and vongole in Beach restaurant delicious. Kailash and team superb, was busy but service was fast. Day after we went to Bisou restaurant, try Lebanese rolls, had them twice, recommended by Krishna. Here have to highlight service, we love restaurants and we can see many details, here it was perfect and service very professional. We passed our feedback to manager Sos, who was very friendly and show us around a bit in his free time, I believe this Macalan wall is great idea and we would never find it without his help, don't understand how this gentleman can be at work whole day, we see him everywhere, thank you for everything.
Don't miss rum tasting in Maison, Shiva and Yash seems to be very knowledgeable, seen similar setup in other resorts but this one was the best.
Please invest a bit into comfortable chairs in the restaurants, they look nice but not comfortable at all, also in spa you can hear all noise from cars and the worse are motorbikes, didn't complain but can't relax in noise, instead of spa we relaxed on the beach. And we love it, fresh towels,lovely view, iollies are great concept. Nitin and Hevin did maximum for us, always there and always attentive.
Aikisu, well engineered menu, love Asian food. Here is more like Asian Fusion but loved all dishes there, you made me to come three times. From here I noted down Sudhir as he was always there.
So, honestly is hard to find any negative, you have everything in one package. Great food, fabulous staff, beautiful property...plus atmosphere. Will be back.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear quaker2019,

Greetings from the beautiful LUX* Grand Baie!

I would like to thank you for taking the time sharing with the future travellers and readers of this forum about your experience among us.

We are delighted that this fresh, new offering is appealing to all our guests like you in totality. Indeed, the design, the detailing of the concepts and the friendliness of our team combine towards making LUX* Grand Baie a unique experience and we are so glad that you enjoyed all the various aspects.

Many thanks for mentioning the names of our Heroes who went out of their way to ensure you have the most pleasurable experience among us. I will not miss to congratulate all of them.

Your feedback regarding the furniture and the noise at the spa have been taken into great consideration and I can assure you that appropriate actions will be taken accordingly.

Until we have the pleasure to see you back again; please accept my best regards;

Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

Lux Grand Baie is not for Mauritians not for low income earners despite living here. The pricing is excessive & exaggerated. Yet they offer basic & restricted choice of food & drinks. If u do not consume alcohol, pork, sea food, pineapple then do not go there. Upon check in u get served a drink madeup of ananas & cinnamon visually dark black which tasted bad. Cafe Lux has very limited cakes to offer. There is no Crepe Station. The breakfast serves basic items like u are eating at home. I stayed at many 5 star hotels but this is the 1st time i see a hotel set a menu daily with no buffet option like on monday it is mauritian cuisine, thursday arabian cuisine, saturday seafood and the remaining days only a la carte. For dinner i was expecting a yummilicious buffet but to my shocking surprise they set a menu on saturday nite “fish market” with sushi, lobster, grilled fish & cheesecake. I eat none of them. I had like 5 staff at my table with a Senior trying to convince me to eat what was being offered on the set menu. They were not quick enough to react to offer something else. Annoyed i move to another restaurant. Ai Kizu offers asian cuisine which is tasty but still limited in choice as the menu is set. As juice they had only apple, ananas, grapefruit & i drink none of them so i drank only water. The menu names are very high class but u need to read well in between the lines as there are things u might miss in case u dont eat or religion wise u r not allowed to eat. The cherry on the cake is that a portion of fries costs Rs 450! A pizza costs Rs 900. On half board basis u pay Rs 3000 per head but in the resto if u eat more than Rs 2400 u need to pay for xtra charges. Hotel amenities is very beautiful, the room is high tech, automatic bathroom, curtains, comfy bed, great view, nice pools but they do not tell u what is complementary what is not so unfortunately i opened 2 little jars of peanuts & i was charged Rs 1000. They ignore the fact that u paid a mega high stay fee for one night of Rs 30000 excluding spa & any other charges. Houskeeping service is on trial mode u need to chase them to obtain a service. They do not even explain to u that on double lock they do not enter the room for cleaning. Most of the staff are nice, caring & welcoming probably this is the strength of Lux hotels. The experience i lived for my birthday weekend i do not recommend it & for sure it was my 1 st & last stay at Lux Grand Baie. I have visited Lux Grand Gaube 3 times hats off to the service, buffet, options they give. Lux Grand Baie failed badly compared to Lux Grand Gaube. The only advice i can give to Lux Grand Baie is to inform all ur clients prior check in & payment what u have set as menu & do treat each client on a case to case basis to satisfy their choices in terms of food. Last but not least i thank Brinda who came as an Earth Angel to give me the best service possible with a delicious birthday cake. She did her job at her best as Guest Manager despite seeing my utter disappointment! A big thanks to the Spa guy Jean who taught me so much on natural products & remedies which i will surely apply henceforth! Adios Lux Grand Baie…

Room tip: Prior booking and payment please clarify with hotel what menu they have set for lunch and dinner as there will be no buffet no variety.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Zhareen m

Dear Zhareen m,

We thank you for your review for us.

LUX* Grand Baie is one of the newest and trendiest resorts on the island. I am really saddened to read that the resort did not match your expectations. We believe that at LUX* Grand Baie, the design & the detailing of the concepts combine towards making the resort a unique experience on the island and the several and regular positive reviews for us on this very forum are a testimony to our standing and services. We have taken your feedback with the utmost seriousness it deserves and We shall be working on the changes where necessary.

Thank you for mentioning Brinda in your review. She is indeed a STAR and one amongst many at the resort who ensure great service to all our guests. I have shared your compliment with her.

I hope to welcoming you back at the resort in the near future;