“Great food at a great price”
Review of Restaurant La Plancha - CLOSED

Restaurant La Plancha
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Stamford, UK
“Great food at a great price”
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

We went to la plancha on the basis on the trip advisors reviews. It also helped that it is only a minutes walk from the bus stop as well! We both had the three course set menu and were very impressed at the quality of the food for the cost (350rs). We had vegetable fritters to start followed by a choice of either prawns or beef freshly cooked on the BBQ. We both went for the prawns which were in a lovely light pesto served with fries. Pudding was lovely with a delicious cappuccino mousse. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere to eat in grand baie.

1 Thank Belly1979
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Perth, Australia
“Excellent Value for Money and Food Excellent”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We dined at La Plancha twice during our 9 day stay and both meals were excellent. The lady who attended our table was very polite and friendly. For 350 rupees for three courses of delicious food I would have to say the best meals we had. Very nice atmosphere too. Well done.

• Visited March 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We decided to try La Plancha because the Trip Advisor reports had been favourable. We were greeted warmly by the waitress and offered drinks straight away. The menu is simple with all meats and fish being cooked on a hot griddle and served with a choice of very tasty sauces. My spicy chicken in a yoghurty sauce was delicious, served with fries and a really good side salad with chorizo and lumps of Brie cheese. My husband had steak cooked to perfection. We were too full for desserts so we just had coffee which again was perfect(good coffee on this island is quite hard to find). We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and would definitely recommend it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Alison T
Ireland
“fantastic food, caring dedicated owners, not to be missed”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I am coeliac and before traveling to Mauritius I mailed several resturants to see if they could accommadate my dietary requirements, only one replied and that was La Plancha who said they were happy to help,we were not dissapointed, Gaelle went out of her way to check that every dish suited my condition, nothing was too much trouble, even when they were busy, we ate there many times and each meal was wonderful, the menu of the day is impossible to beat for freshness , quality and value, Pascall works the barbecue with skill and love to make your meal memorable whilst his mother works hidden in the kitchen making Mauritian dishes with an amazing twist, Many thanks, Beni

• Visited December 2011
Sao Paulo, SP
“Go here to eat!”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

A colleague and I stumbled onto this restaurant one evening. I don't typically review things online (although I read them!), but really wanted to go out of my way to complement this place.

First, the food was excellent, and reasonably priced. They basically whip up a variety of different bbqs, first we had mixed bbq with french fries and salad, then it was a mix more like a stir fry... generally you get to direct what you want (fish, beef, shrimp, etc) and then they come up with something good.

Second, the location is great. It is set back and comfortable, and you get to look at Vaco's art studio while you eat.

And third, you get the feeling that the owners want you there. Namely, their goal is to get you to like eating there and serve you well. I'm not saying be insufferable and hover, I mean do the little things to make the meal nice. They had good timing with the drinks for example, and they also did a good job of reading how much to talk to us and how much to let us talk alone.

Again, we had low hopes because we were new to the town, and walked away feeling increadibly lucky at having gotten a great meal. I recommend this place to anyone in the area looking for dinner.

• Visited September 2011