Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the location is perfect grand bay place to stay wifi balcony hosts baie mauritius guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2019

Auberge Miko has everything you "need" for a budget-friendly stay on beautiful Mauritius: clean rooms, hot water (no problems at all with that), WiFi (also no problems there), and air-con.

It also has everything you'd "like to have": super friendly owners (Lena and Vivek); fully equipped kitchenettes (pots, pans, dishes, glassware, fridge, kettle, stovetop); close proximity (as in walking distance) to restaurants, shops and the beach; and spacious rooms.

And always a pleasant bonus: a sweet little pup named Chili, who's always happy to have her belly rubbed :)

Would definitely recommend if you're looking for a quiet place in Grand Baie with everything you need and lots that you'd want.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany_11_10
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2019

Hello dear friends,

Thank you very much for your nice and lovely informative comments.

We hope and appreciate your wonderful gesture for our future guests at Auberge Miko.

It was a great pleasure to share some ideas and contribute to your holidays.

We are very thankful to you recommending our small place.

We hope you are having a nice summer and good working days.

We wish you both good continuation of the year and hope to see you one back in Mauritius.

Have a nice day and follow us on Facebook/Auberge Miko.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

If you want space, the rooms are large. If you want a kitchenette with grocery stores/laundromat/shopping and even restaurants nearby, this is a convenient location. The owners are delightful and stop what they are doing to help you, engage you, share more about their beautiful Mauritius (and beyond!). Sweet little garden entrance and sitting area. Chili the dachsund is an unobstrusive sweetie and a great welcoming touch to this cozy spot.
Re bathrooms:
The hot water in two of the larger units is solar powered and proved testy. Request a one bedroom or studio to avert this difficulty. Also, this is Mauritius and it's an island. There are some ants on the bathroom floor. You will find them in most accommodations of all levels (except, ok, 5 star). Not a big deal, just arrive unsurprised.
Continental breakfast: available but must be requested the night before. I usually pass on a piece of bread and coffee for my breakfast and did likewise there.
Wifi: works in particular areas of your unit and in the lobby.

Date of stay: March 2018
2  Thank jillhU7813KU
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hello Jill,
A big thank you for your helpful and nice comments about our Auberge.

It was a great pleasure to have you at our place.

We appreciate your commitment to encourage more travelers to travel to Mauritius specially to Auberge Miko.

It was nice to talk to you and we are happy you had a nice time at our Auberge.

Thank you for all the good information for new customers.

Now we have WiFi in all the rooms.

We wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I travel often and on my own, so I rely on reviews to make decisions.
Last year, I came across this gem that is Auberge Miko. And I went back again this year.
Location - perfect! 2mns from bus stops, 5mns from Grand Baie beach, 20mns from La Cuvette beach (favoured by the locals and away from the polluted waters of Grand Baie), 10mns from supermarket
Lovely spacious room with cooking facilities, a fridge, balcony, air conditioning, WiFi...Clean and home from home, literally!
Now for the best... Lena and Vivek, the owners. Wonderful warm and friendly couple. Nothing is too much trouble. They make you feel like you are a friend, not a customer. And for the cynics out there, it is not fake. It is genuine. They care and make sure you have all you need to have a wonderful stay. And the two ladies who clean the rooms every day, well, they have smiles that just brighten your day! And they are not intrusive. If you choose to spend a lot of time with Vivek and Lena, they welcome you with open arms. If like me you are a little more shy and want them to make as little fuss of you as possible, then it is fine too. And then there is Chili! Beautiful sausage dog who welcomes you with a wiggle of the tail...
So, if you are thinking about it, don’t! Just Book! You will not find better than Auberge Miko, even if you are on a budget. And if you are wealthy, forget the 5* impersonal, tip demanding, private beached hotel. Go to Auberge Miko. Because you may not have a sea view, but you will experience the best that Grand Baie has to offer.
Finally, thank you so much Lena, Vivek and Chili. You made my trip. I would give you more than a 5* if I could! You so deserve everything good that comes to you.
And finally, as someone famously said...’I’ll be back’

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
aubergemiko13, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hello Nathalie,

Thank you very much for the nice words and lovely comments.

It was a great pleasure for us to have you at our place.
We always say, we reflect what our guests are !
We are a mirror of what you are.
Very nice and attentive.

We are very happy to know that you liked your visit in Grand Bay and at our Auberge.
We are very grateful to have a good guest but also a great person.

Thank you once again for the gift for Chili.
She loves it very much.

We wish you good courage for your job and continuation of the new year.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I know the review title has already been taken, a few times, but that's because it's true:) I stayed here 6 nights in November 2017 and loved every minute of it.

As beautiful as the Island is I looked forward to returning each afternoon or evening back to the hotel to chat with Lena and Vivek and play with their cute daschund Chille.

The hotel itself is clean and spacious, set in a residential area 10 minutes walk from Grand Baie beach and the huge local shopping mall, so ideally placed to mingle with normal everyday Mauritians going about their business as well as do the usual touristy things like beaches and shopping.

My room was spacious and well equiped with a kitchenette, balcony and good wifi reception.

After you've been around a while you tend to get a bit cynical about people, but I have to say that Lena & Vivek are amongst the nicest genuine people I've met, and would be a big reason for making a second holiday to Mauritius.

If you want high walled, isolated 5 star private beached hotels then pay 10 x the price, but if you value wonderful service, kindness and actually talking with local people, stay at the Auberge Miko.

Highly recommended :)

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you very much for your lovely comments.

That is one one the reason, we are in accommodation to meet and help our guests.
We do our best to make them feel at home.

When they are happy by their stay at Auberge Miko, then our mission is accomplished.

Have a nice day and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I stayed in this beautiful B&B of Lena, Vivek and Chillie in November 2016 and right from the airport pickup to drop off I was in a very happy home...well taken care of. I landed late in Mauritius and Vikram (my favorite driver) was waiting for me...I was kindda surprised to find out that Grand Baie is about an hour drive north from the airport. I was travelling from Madagascar and everything about Mauritius felt great. Although it was late in night, Lina and Vivek took time to sit with me and go through all the details with me. My first full day was all about exploring and the couple helped me every step of the way. I rented a scotter for about 5-6 days out of the 10 days here. Lina and Vivek were always offering the best options for everything. The room was perfect for me...big enough kitchen, clean bed, balcony to dry my dive gear. Lovely Chillie was always around to welcome me back. I have travelled far and wide and lived in a lot of different places, I have never met owners as dedicated as Lina and Vivek. It was amazing sharing some meals with them. For my last two days I wanted to treat myself to something "nicer"..what a mistake I made...Yes I had a beautiful room but there was no personal touch, only a commercial sea side resort...I rode the scotter back to Auberge Miko and spent some more quality time with Lina, Vivek and Chilli. I wanted to expore the Island and Lina and Vivek arrange Vikram to take a fellow diver and myself for a island tour starting at 4:30 am just so we can see everything in one day and save time and money. I miss you all very much and I am so glad that I chose to stay with you. You made Mautitus very special for me. Thank you very much,

Love,
Jazz

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank 652jazzb
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Dear Jazz,

Thank you so very much for the beautiful review!!

We hope you are well and everything is fine in Canada. In Mauritius all is fine, the weather is getting cooler and we are looking forward to the winter (+25 degrees...winter, haha ;-)))
The season has been very good and also very stressful, luckily we have employed more people and also done other changes so that we can be more at ease.
We really enjoyed having you at Auberge Miko and we hope to see you soon again!

All the best to you Jazz!

Love,