Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$43
Hotels.com$43
Priceline$32
Travelocity$43
Agoda.com$32
Tripadvisor$32
All reviews the location is perfect grand bay place to stay wifi balcony hosts baie mauritius guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2017

I stayed in this beautiful B&B of Lena, Vivek and Chillie in November 2016 and right from the airport pickup to drop off I was in a very happy home...well taken care of. I landed late in Mauritius and Vikram (my favorite driver) was waiting for me...I was kindda surprised to find out that Grand Baie is about an hour drive north from the airport. I was travelling from Madagascar and everything about Mauritius felt great. Although it was late in night, Lina and Vivek took time to sit with me and go through all the details with me. My first full day was all about exploring and the couple helped me every step of the way. I rented a scotter for about 5-6 days out of the 10 days here. Lina and Vivek were always offering the best options for everything. The room was perfect for me...big enough kitchen, clean bed, balcony to dry my dive gear. Lovely Chillie was always around to welcome me back. I have travelled far and wide and lived in a lot of different places, I have never met owners as dedicated as Lina and Vivek. It was amazing sharing some meals with them. For my last two days I wanted to treat myself to something "nicer"..what a mistake I made...Yes I had a beautiful room but there was no personal touch, only a commercial sea side resort...I rode the scotter back to Auberge Miko and spent some more quality time with Lina, Vivek and Chilli. I wanted to expore the Island and Lina and Vivek arrange Vikram to take a fellow diver and myself for a island tour starting at 4:30 am just so we can see everything in one day and save time and money. I miss you all very much and I am so glad that I chose to stay with you. You made Mautitus very special for me. Thank you very much,

Love,
Jazz

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank 652jazzb
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Dear Jazz,

Thank you so very much for the beautiful review!!

We hope you are well and everything is fine in Canada. In Mauritius all is fine, the weather is getting cooler and we are looking forward to the winter (+25 degrees...winter, haha ;-)))
The season has been very good and also very stressful, luckily we have employed more people and also done other changes so that we can be more at ease.
We really enjoyed having you at Auberge Miko and we hope to see you soon again!

All the best to you Jazz!

Love,
Lena, Vivek and Chili

Reviewed 28 February 2017

The owner is a couple who are very friendly.
A big room with all you need (even a kitchen corner), AC and balcony.
Location is good. Easy accessible to everything, beach, bus stop, restaurant, shops.
With the price it offered, it is really unbeatable.
I would definitely recommend to all budget travellers.
And if I will visit Mauritius again, I would come back again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thank you very much for the kind words on Tripadvisor. If ever you are coming back to Mauritius it would be a pleasure to have you at Auberge Miko!
Lena & Vivek

Reviewed 21 February 2017

The room i had was basic but large and with a balcony. The real plus is the friendly owner and his wife who will make you feel like at home. Location is in a calm residential area which i found perfect.You can still walk to the center of Grand Baie within 5-10 minutes. A good option in Grand Baie and i would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Hello David,

Thank you very much for your nice comments which appreciate very much.

We liked your way of visiting Mauritius on your scooter which is very well thought.

It was a pleasure to talk to you exchange some ideas.

Thank you for your visit and welcome back again.

Have a nice day.

Auberge Miko.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Auberge Miko was a great place to stay . Run by a very friendly Finnish/Mauritian couple , this was superb value for money . Very spacious comfortable rooms with a small balcony . A couple of streets back from beach road but well signposted so easy to find and only a 5 minute walk into the centre of Grand Baie . If I ever return to Mauritius I would stay here again . Highly recommended .

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank matt274
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Hello Matt P,

Thank you for your nice comments and recommendations.

We appreciate it very much.

It was a great pleasure to have you at our small auberge and nice to have nice small talks.

We wish you a pleasant continuation of the year and hope to see you in close future.

Have a nice day.

Lena,Vivek and Chili.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I visited Auberge Miko this November and stayed there for one week. And i would have loved to stay there longer. Lena and Vivek is some incredible hosts. Few second after i stepped into there small garden, Lena stod there to welcome me. She made me feel so welcome, and after a good talk i got the key to my room.
The rooms have basically everything you need. They were clean and in good shape.
Lena and Vivek is the best hosts in town, when every you are travelling alone or as a family.

This hotel is home away from home. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Thank you Lena and Vivek for an amazing week at our home.

Date of stay: November 2016

Hello Jonas,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments.
We appreciate it very much.

We always say that customers are like a mirror.
When they are nice and open minded that reflect on us and that makes the difference.

We liked the small talk and exchange of ideas and good company.

We hope to see you close future in Mauritius.

Have a nice day .