Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$43
Hotels.com$43
Priceline$34
Travelocity$43
Agoda.com$34
FindHotel$34
All reviews the location is perfect grand bay place to stay wifi balcony hosts baie mauritius guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2016

I visited Auberge Miko this November and stayed there for one week. And i would have loved to stay there longer. Lena and Vivek is some incredible hosts. Few second after i stepped into there small garden, Lena stod there to welcome me. She made me feel so welcome, and after a good talk i got the key to my room.
The rooms have basically everything you need. They were clean and in good shape.
Lena and Vivek is the best hosts in town, when every you are travelling alone or as a family.

This hotel is home away from home. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Thank you Lena and Vivek for an amazing week at our home.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Hello Jonas,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments.
We appreciate it very much.

We always say that customers are like a mirror.
When they are nice and open minded that reflect on us and that makes the difference.

We liked the small talk and exchange of ideas and good company.

We hope to see you close future in Mauritius.

Have a nice day .

Lena, Vivek and Chili.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I think almost everyone who has reviewed Auberge Miko has mentioned what a fabulous couple run the place.
Well, sorry folks, here's yet another such review...

Although I only had the pleasure of meeting Vivek (and Chili the sausage dog) as Lena was away, Vivek clearly compensated for Lena's absence by being TWICE as gracious and welcoming a host as one could hope for. He made me a cup of tea upon arrival and we sat down for a lovely chat rather than an abrupt, "Hello, here's your room key, good night." Instead, I got a conversation, a hand-drawn map, directions to the bakery, some tourist advice about which buses to catch, which beach is best, and a good book to read.

What you will also want to know is:

*WiFi - very good
*Very close to Grand Bay centre/shops/restaurants
*Quiet at night (I slept so well!)
*Book swap shelves in the communal lounge area. I found a cracking Lee Child for a beach read.
*Distance to beach - 10 minutes' walk
*Bakery - yummmmm!! Their fresh baguettes (Vivek shared some buttered ones with me one late morning) are glorious, and the hot chocolate is a MUST. An ABSOLUTE, THICK, CHOCOLATEY MUST!
*Room (I booked the downstairs studio with kitchenette) - clean and spacious with two comfortable single beds (you can push together to make a double if you prefer).
There is a fridge if you want to shop at the market and keep stuff fresh (big supermarket about 10-15 minutes' walk away).
*Towels and soap provided
*Solar heated shower - fine once it gets going, but Vivek will tell you it takes a few minutes to warm up. It has a water pressure issue which I meant to mention to Vivek but I didn't get around to it in the end.
*Communal area with couches to socialise (with TV inside if you/kids really need it)
*Dining area
*Balcony outside room if you fancy an al fresco breakfast

I can't recommend this lovely, cheerful place highly enough. I felt like a friend visiting rather than a room number. I will absolutely be back to visit charming and beautiful Mauritius the next chance I get, and will be staying at Auberge Miko I am sure!

Thanks, Vivek, for helping to make my stay so enjoyable! You are a fantastic host!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hello good friend,

Thank you for your nice and beautiful comments for our Auberge.

We apologize not to write earlier.

We trust you are doing fine and travelling as much as usual.

Our Auberge is doing fine and new season is on start.

Thank you very much for your visit and welcome back sometime.

Have a nice day.

Vivek, Lena and Chili.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

I have only my best recommendations for this lovely place, which was more a home than a hotel to me during my 2 weeks stay in Mauritius. Auberge Miko has everything you need, the location is perfect and the price is really affordable. Thanks to the warm and loving owners, Lena and Vivek, I felt so good taken care of. Helpfull, beyond serviceminded, friendly, welcomming and relaxing. If I could, I would have stayed forever.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Vivek M, Owner at Auberge Miko, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Hello Kristin,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments.
We appreciate it very much.

Yes, you could stay forever. Mauritius welcomes you wholeheartedly and specially Auberge Miko.
We are happy to tell you that we also enjoyed your company and conversations.

We hope you had a good start of the new year 2017 and holidays coming in close future.

Have a nice continuation of the year 2017 and a nice day.

Lena, Vivek and Chili.

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Excellent budget choice in grand baie.good location, 5 min walk to the center.
Owners are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Make ou feel like home.
No doubt, very good option.
Thanks to make my stay excellent!!!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Davtf2014
Reviewed 24 January 2016

We only stayed for one night this time but will definitely stay for longer next time! It`s such a wonderful, cosy little place and Lena & Vivek really make you feel welcomed. The location is perfect with the beach and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are spacious, clean and come with a fan and AC- excellent value for money. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: January 2016