Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Whilst in Mauritius I emailed Sandy regarding costs for her cooking class as 5 of us were interested. After getting a reply with the cost of the class I needed to confirm with others, but before I could do that she sent me an email to say she had cancelled it because I was interested. I emailed back and said we are still interested but only 3 of us would like to do it as it is expensive. She sent her husband around to collect the money the next day and he said he would be at our hotel to pick us up on the day. The night before the class I received an email from Sandy telling us what it would cost for her husband to come and pick us up. They lead us to believe that was included and I emailed her saying this and thought her reply was a bit rude, all in capital letters. As we had paid we went ahead with the class otherwise we would've cancelled. They were both very pilot on the day, the food was delicious and plenty of it, but not exactly what we expected, very, very basic, not worth the price we paid. I think also if we all pay full price for the class we all deserve a cooking book each. She thought that the 2 other people were a couple as they had the same last name and had only 1 book between them that she had already written in and then just crossed one of their names off instead of getting 2 new books. We thought they might've not charged us for the transport (5mins down the road), but as we returned to the hotel and got out the car he quitely said can you fix me up for the transport. Thought that was a bit dodgy.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank sjbeck21
ChefSandy368, Owner at Pallagino Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Sorry there are NO Extra cost.
You only paid for what you ask for.
You ask for cooking class and we quoted cooking class.
Then you ask for transport and we quoted transport.
At no point in time we offer FREE transport or mention transport was included.
You ask for freebies which we refuse and mention transport is to be paid separately.
You (and your friends) mention in our guest book that you had great time enjoying a wonderful meal, so It is difficult for me understand your complain.
I sincerely apologize for the book, however the situation was immediately corrected and 3rd book offered to the right person.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

we had a great time at this guest house including delicious meals and very interesting tours with Rajen. A perfect alternative to the anonymous hotels: friendly, familial. Everything was well organized.

Date of stay: March 2018
ChefSandy368, Owner at Pallagino Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you Dirk, It was a real pleasure having you with us for 10 days. And drive you around to discover some places not well known to the tourist circle. Look forward to see you soon for much longer stay.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Pallagino Guest house is a total scam! We where led to believe that this is a genuine cousine destination, how very very wrong! Frozen, tasteless food, beware! Husband Rajen very rude, trying to over charge us. Do yourself a favor and stay Stay at a nicer place a Maison de Ete or Silver beach instead!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank El_immortale
ChefSandyD, Owner at Pallagino Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

I wish to report abuse.

1) Guest did NOT stay in our place,
We have never receive any reservation of this guest from sweden.

2) Person is advertising Maison de Ete or Silver beach.

it is against tripadvisor guidelines

Non-commercial Reviews are designed to provide advice to your fellow travelers, not to advertise a service or business.
Please don’t include commercial or promotional content of any kind. Reviews that are being offered in exchange for personal gain, such as gifts, services, or money, will be removed. We reserve the right to reject specific content for any reason. We do not allow reviews that contain links to external websites. Thank you

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I would not recommend staying here. We booked five nights at this guesthouse to explore the region of Grand Baie.
Because of the many positive reviews here we expected to have a nice stay but we did not like it. We decided to leave after three nights. Most importantly because we didn’t feel welcome. The only things Sandy and her husband talked about with us were payment (now!) and rules. Room was not cleaned during our stay and the breakfast is not good. For 80 euro per night I expect a little more service and quality. When you consider staying here I suggest to read the reviews from people from Europe an the US. Pool is nice.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank M_van_oosterom
ChefSandy368, Owner at Pallagino Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Payment policy is explain upon reservation, as in ALL hotels either payment is made upon arrival or hotel take a provision on you credit card, There is nothing wrong with this.
Breakfast is not good? We serve daily various breads, 2 jams, 4 types of yogurts, butter, margarine, peanut butter, chocolate spreads, various cereals, cheese, coffee and tea,

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Wonderful place. Nice and very friendly host. Very near beach. A place to enjoy your best holiday under the sun. Superb foods prepared by chef sandy. Her husband is best tour guide and wil show you amazing place.

Room tip: Nice quiet rooms overlooking the pool
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you Rashid, we look forward to see you soon with your whole family. All the best!