Returned to the Shandrani for another 2 weeks after getting married there in 2010 and once again it was wonderful.
Holiday was organised by Mauritius Direct would highly recommend them if you are thinking of a holiday in either Mauritius or the Maldives.
Rooms - we were on the quiet side of the resort close to the 'quiet beach' room 243, the rooms are kept beautifully clean but are looking a little dated. The deluxe rooms are undergoing refurbishment as we speak and we were assured by the hotel that they would be beautiful so if you want 'modern' then maybe pay a bit extra?
Food - Once again fantastic in every restaurant although we were'nt so keen on the evening Le Sirius menu although lunchtimes in there the food was brilliant. No problem booking the a la carte restaurants while we were there but it was quiet so I guess when the hotel is full up it might be harder to get into them on every night you want to.
Staff - what can I say they are all wonderful and make the holiday, special mention to Dany & Dennis who remembered us from our first visit and made us feel like visiting royalty.
Trips - we did the walking with lions in Casela National Park would recommend this trip the highlight of the holiday. We also went on the nature trip organised by the hotel again well worth doing.
Deep sea fishing - we went again with Marcus who has a boat moored in the bay and visits the hotel every day, he's a lovely man and will organise any type of trip you like and for as long or short as you like.
Spa - Make sure you book your complimentary massage on arrival as it's well worth having.
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay