2,233 results
All reviewsragulime restaurantsports villageadults only sectionbeach bartaba jstreet foodfloating restaurantchef bensushi restaurantmozaik restaurantriviera restaurantwater sportsbeach frontfamily suitebeach gamesmini bar
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The stand out food for us was to be found a Kot Nou! The flavours were amazing and the service was quick and attentive, my wine glass was never empty! The team of staff work really well together and Major is an amazing host who has a genuine passion for his restaurant. Complements to the chef. Definitely our favourite place to eat in the evening!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kateyfelton
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Kate,

Thank you so much for taking the time of sharing such a nice review of your holidays at The Ravenala Attitude.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your holidays and especially the culinary experience at Kot Nou restaurant as well as the service and hospitality of Chef Major.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon for another great time.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went on an overseas trip in 2017 to Mauritius and stayed at the Ravenala Hotel for 7 days on an all inclusive package and it was AMAZING. The staff, the management, the room, the food variety, the service, the beach, the facilities everything was above our expectations.

Ravenala has truly set the bar for our experience at an all suite, all inclusive hotel and we will go back over and over again. I know people say, don’t go to the same place twice, because overseas holidays are expensive, but we will go back without thinking twice.

We left a piece of our hearts in Mauritius!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fvanstaden
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Good afternoon,

It is a real pleasure to read such warm appreciation of your overall vacation, especially the facilities, the beach, culinary experience as well as the service and hospitality of our Family Members.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable vacation.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The greatest trick the Ravenala Attitude ever pulled was convincing the world it is a 4 star resort. Promises of 4 star, Mauritian luxury but really a 3 star complex with a lot of cracks papered over.
As you enter there is no doubt that first impressions are high. Reception is a beautiful space and the greet is very professional but as you get in to your stay it becomes evident that a consistent 4 star theme is not apparent.

The room was large, in amongst the plethora of whitewashed concrete dwellings, gardens are well kept but in the room floors creak, flooring is bowed due to water leak from the bathroom, the beds are rock hard, sheets are not changed regularly, towels provided are worn and frayed and air con isn't cold.

At no point do you feel you are in the jewel of the Indian ocean. The beach isn't white sand, the water isn't crystal clear due to the river, the calm is not there due to an abundance of water sports provided. This could be a resort in the Aegean or med and you would never know any different.

The major downer was food. Breakfast is carnage and like a university canteen. Corners are cut for speed, tables aren't cleared and birds are everywhere.
At no point did I eat a meal that was hot. Everything is luke warm at best. I found myself checking all my meals to ensure they were cooked through.
The restaurants are notoriously hard to book into but each one we went to was only 75% full when we sat down to eat.

We were invited for the honeymoon meal on the beach on our 3rd night and it was a disaster. Again, all food was cold/warm. I had a tandoori chicken starter that whilst full of flavour was served cold, a flash on the BBQ or skillet would improve the dish no end. The soup I had was no better than peppery gravy and my wife's was full of crab shell. My main was just hideous. Cold veg, cold sauce, watery Mash and luke warm fish. I heaved when I eat it.

If you aren't all inclusive (we were) then the prices are extortionate . £5.50 for a mocktail which was essentially orange juice and cranberry juice!
All the seafood dishes seemed to carry supplements which seemed odd when you are in a place renowned for seafood dishes. Why not sell yourself?

The shining light was the young man serving drinks on the beach during the day. These guy puts a shift in!!

All in all, disappointed and won't ever return to the Ravenala and sadly can't recommend it to others.

After spending 12 days prior to this in S Africa in 4 and 5 star hotels the Ravenala Attitude has a lot of work to do to reach those levels or it needs to decide what it is. Mass catering for honeymooning couples doesn't work.
I will post a picture of our 'special' turn down on the bed that was done on our last night. It sums this place up. What is it trying to be?

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ed C
H0tels_Management, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ed,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience following your stay with us.

While I note with relief that you have appreciated some aspects of our resort, I regret that you did not leave us fully satisfied.

I have read your comments about the room with great concern. Rest assured that I have shared your constructive feedback with my team to avoid such situations in the future.

I regret that our culinary offer was not per your expectations. I have shared your comments with our Chefs and team for improvement. For your next visit, our Chefs will be more than happy to prepare any dish of your choice. Please accept my apologies for any inconsistency in service you might have experienced. We are currently strengthening our training program for all our guest-facing teams, including waiters and kitchen teams, to ensure more efficient, swift and thoughtful service at peak times.

With regards to the sea, I would like to share with you that it meets with the mouth of a river which is next to our property. The sea water is usually a clear one but since Mother Nature can be very unpredictable and which is unfortunately beyond our control, the river sometimes has an impact on our beach. I however understand your feeling with regards to it and I sincerely regret that it was not per your expectations.

Hoping for another chance of welcoming you back for a better stay,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2018

My husband and I spent 10 night in this absolutely beautiful hotel. From ththe second we arrived we were treated like absolute royalty, absolutely everybody working in this hotel are so friendly, obliging and so much fun to talk to. Our room was divine, I've genuinely never stayed in a more unique room it was fabulous and totally my style! The location of our room was pool view which was fantastic I would defo love it again when we return!!! The breakfast is gorgeous, fresh croissants, crepes made to order, eggs, fresh juice anything you could want! The BBQ in the beach is very tasty and if that's not your thing you can order from an extensive sambo and pizza menu! You have so many options for dinner, we loved the bistro, Rivera and the beach restaurant. Our romantic candlelight dinner was exquisite!! We made unbelievable friends on our honeymoon that I hope we have forever and we made memories to last a lifetime. We will never ever forget our stay in The Ravenala and we really hope to return soon. Thank you so much to all the staff for making our honeymoon the best ever!!

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank laurenbyrne22

Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for taking the time of sharing such a nice review of your honeymoon vacation at The Ravenala Attitude.

It is a real pleasure to read your appreciation of the overall resort, the facilities, culinary experience, the candlelight dinner as well as the special attention of our Family Members.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable time with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Me and family spent four nights at the hotel. We made some truly unforgettable memories, thanks to Roma one of the Assistant Front office Managers who made our stay very pleasant. Our rooms were in pristine conditions and overlooked an amazing view beach and coastline of Mauritius. There was a plethora of activities available for us to do on a day to day basis, such as water sports, relaxing in the spa and a glass bottom boat ride. The food was flawless everywhere we went and there was always plenty of choice depending on your preferences as well as a chance of taste authentic Mauritius cuisine. Some of the best service and food i have experienced was at the restaurants. Every member of staff we came across was extremely helpful and friendly, from the moment we checked in Roma and Elisabeth at the checkin were very kind and made us feel welcome. I would definitely recommend Ravenala Attitude to anyone who is thinking about coming to Mauritius.
I would like to make a special mention to following staff for making our stay and incredible experience.
Harkish and Atish for their amazing pastry working.
Menon for the very funny and exciting sabrage that was organised.
Rakesh who was responsible for the food and beverage.
Nilesh at Madame Ming. Ashish at O Beach. Jules at Mozaik. Lensley at the Bistro.
Ragu, Ritesh and Ravi at the beach bar. Nitish at the Disco Bar.
Jawahir the RDM. Elisabeth at the checkin. A special shout out to Roma who was outstanding.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank tchumun

Dear Mr. & Mrs Tchumun,

Thank you for choosing The Ravenala Attitude for your holidays.

It is a real pleasure to read your appreciation about the facilities, activities, Spa, culinary experience as well as the special attention of our Family Members namely Roma, Elizabeth, Harish, Atish, Menon, Rakhes, Jules, Lensley, Ragu, Ritesh, Ravi and Nitish whom you recommended.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable time.