2,286 results
All reviews ragu lime restaurant sports village adults only section beach bar taba j street food floating restaurant chef ben sushi restaurant mozaik restaurant riviera restaurant water sports beach front family suite beach games mini bar
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Friendly and multi lingual staff. Superb quality of a la carte choices. Variety of sea and land activities. Comfortable beach chairs and sofa.
Quite expensive spa treatments
Very remote and must for car hire to get anywhere. Taxi and car rental very expensive.
A daily courtesy mini bus service to local town Grand Bay would be recommended

Room Tip: Top floor for better views,sea or pool facing is quiter
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malkan A
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time of sharing the experience of your holidays at our resort.

It is a pleasure to read your appreciation about the quality of our culinary offer, activities and hospitality of our Family Members.

I regret that the spa treatment rates were not as per your expectations.

I would like to reassure you that we are situated only 5km from the village of Trou aux Biches and less than 15km from Grand Baie .... but I can understand that the trip might seem a bit longer when we are on holidays Nevertheless, I have taken good note of your recommendations with regards to the mini bus and will share same with the team for future projects.

I hope that you will choose to visit us again for another great time with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Accommodation is lovely, delivers on being a 4 star resort. Suites are spacious and clean. We had the cheapest suite on offer and it was lovely, just a long walk to restaurant, pool, etc. Staff very helpful. Buffet dinners and breakfasts varied in quality, from excellent to disappointing.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Leila K
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Leila,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays.

I appreciate that you have taken the time of sharing your experience as your valuable feedbacks are precious, they enable us to continuously improve our service.

I am glad to read your positive comments about the facilities and the hospitality of our Family Members.

However, I am sorry to read the culinary experience was not as per your expectations. I hope that you will choose to visit us again so that we can introduce you to our Chefs for a tailor-made experience.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for a better experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

First off, the hotel is excellent, great facilities, great staff and food. We had a beach-side room in the Adults only section and I'd definitely recommend this; private beanbags on the beach, nice big room with an amazing view, lunch at Lime restaurant and the best "beach butler" in Ragu. The choice of restaurants is very good and we loved Kot Nou where the Mauritian food was outstanding and the service by Balram matched it.

The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that I don't think we had full use of everything we could've - primarily due to not being told about this, either at check-in or elsewhere. For example:
didn't know sparkling wine was included in the AI package. Wasn't aware that water skiing was free of charge and while the Beach BBQ was generally excellent, wasn't aware we had other options.

All in all though i'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor, beach view in the Adults Only building
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yabbadabba

Good morning,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the facilities, culinary experience in the Dine-Around concept - especially at Lime and Kot Nou restaurant as well as the hospitality of our Family Members, namely Ragu and Balram whom you recommended.

I really appreciate your recommendation to the other travellers - Thank you!

I am sorry if this information was not well communicated to you upon your check in and please accept my sincere apologies. Moreover, I would like to share with you that our hosts are given a letter upon arrival where all the required information are included.

I hope that you will visit again for a better experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I booked this for my family, 6 people, all adults.
The hotel itself, grounds, rooms, bars, entertainment and beach are all fabulous.
The staff at the pool, beach bar, and the evening bar are great.
The breakfast buffet is very good and the people cooking the eggs and pancakes are excellent. But the service is definitely hit and miss. The staff are too slow to clear tables, they don't notice when you have sat down and are waiting for coffee, or they bring you coffee and then take 10 minutes to find the milk.
The restaurants, with the exception of The Bistro were all really bad and I would not recommend them.
The buffet in the evening was not up to much with food cold and tables uncleared.
The beach bbq is not great quality, although the waiting staff do a really good job.
I expected better for the price.

It's a lovely beach, with a great cocktail bar and the most amazing sunsets, but don't expect crystal blue water and white sand.

Room Tip: All the rooms
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Wrightybluenose
H0tels_Management, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad that you have appreciated various aspects of our resort along with the hospitality of many of our Family Members.

I sincerely apologise for any inconsistency you have witnessed in some of our restaurants. I would like to share with us that we are currently strengthening our training program for all our guest-facing teams, including waiters and kitchen teams, to ensure more efficient, swift and thoughtful service at peak times.

I regret that our culinary offer except at The Bistro was not per your expectations. Should you give us the opportunity of another visit, my team will present you to our Chef would will be more than happy to prepare tailor-made dishes for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a better experience, with your cocktails kept ready at the beach bar

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Staff is fantastic. Perfect for a family holiday. Attentive service. When you go down to the beach your only waiter will be Ravi, everyone else is also fantastic, but we prefered him for his attention to detail in all our needs. Thank you Ravenala for a memorable family holiday. Keep up the good work and we will hopefully see you soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacques R
523guestrelations, General Manager at The Ravenala Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Jacques,

Thank you so much for this heart-warming review following your holidays at The Ravenala Attitude.

I am delighted to read your appreciation about your overall stay and especially, the service and special attention of our Family Members, namely Ravi whom you recommended.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable time with us.