We've just returned from a two week honeymoon at The Maritim and had the most fantastic time. From the moment we arrived (having been travelling for over 24hours!), the staff were fantastic. Bags were taken from us and we were given a cold drink and face towel to cool down.
Arriving at 10am, we didn't expect our room to be ready, but we were shown to the resturant for breakfast whilst we waited. Our room was ready by 11.00am and we were amazed at how wonderful, clean and spacious it was. A fantastic view over the grounds and the beach (room 327).
After our first week of the stay, we were told that the bath had a leak and we need to move rooms. We were moved (with help) to a huge suite (room 213) and given a complimentary massage!
The food was great. We ate at all three resturants, room service and also from the poolside menu and couldn't fault anything.
Plenty of watersports (sailing, water skiing, canoes, pedlos etc), tennis (tennis balls can be bought from the shop for about £10), walks around the grounds (to see the waterfalls etc) and the spa (you can use the sauna, steamroom etc even if you aren't having a treatment) kept us busy during the day and when I ran out of books, there was even a book stand to borrow from!
On our last night, we were invited to a sunset party by the staff. It was amazing, with cocktails, nibbles and wonderful entertainment whilst we watched the sun set.
There was a never ending supply of towels in the room and by the beach or poolside!
The staff were great and the service was fantastic. We were topped up with cocktails through out the day and night, without having to even order them! Evenings at the quarter deck were chilled with plenty of people of chat to, drinks and nibbles (peanuts etc if you asked).
We liked the fact that the hotel ask you not to tip staff but instead given a tip at the end to reception if you wish and mark on your envelope any particular praise.
We hadn't realised when we booked that gentlemen were required to wear trousers of an evening (even to the buffet resturant and bar). This wasn't a problem, but my other half would have packed a few more pairs of trousers and a few less pairs of shorts if we'd know before.
After two weeks, we expected that we would be ready to come home, but we didn't want to leave at all! I like to stay at different places when we go away, but this is one place I hope we can return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava