We stayed in this hotel for 6 days. The service levels were the worst i have ever seen in my life.
We rented a vehicle from a private agency and parked it at the hotel (since hotel charges twice for worse vehicles) at 11:30 at night we get a rude call from the reception, who tell us to remove the vehicle and park in a dark shady place. In the morning we discover that somebody has taken out the entire valve of front tyre which is only possible with a screwdriver and tool. No body helped us on this account and we were left stranded at the hotel before the guy from whom i rented arrived.
The security says the are not responsible for security of guests and there belongings, on telling them that would complain to police they said, that wont help.
The concierge is just luggage management, they do not have a singly map or a handbook of Mauritius, expect the least from them on all 6 days they kept saying map is not available.
Suddenly a waitress appears in the room without knocking. On asking why didnt you know, she says sorry. This act was repeated every time she had to come in. They use their master keys and magic wands to just get in any room .
They proudly display, no guards at pool. I asked the service boy for a towel, he rudely said its not his job and get it from there hyped "Cabana". Cabana is a small hut situated 25 meters from the pool. to which you have to walk all wet just to get a towel and return it. In case you dont return and leave the towel at the pool, you are charged for it. Pool seemed like a stress rather than a relax place.
Food and WATER
They do not serve drinking water in buffet, you have to purchase local bottle of drinking water for 5 times the price.
They have a hyped dinner which is supposed to be booked 2 days in advance, we booked for 6th may and went for dinner, suddenly they told they have cancelled all bookings due a private party, No body bothered to inform before hand.
However, they agreed to book us on their India restaurant Veda for 7th may, to utter surprise, there is no water in they 4 course candle light dinner.
Food is pathetic in buffet as well as special dinners. Only one day our of 6 days was the food edible in dinner buffet.
Complimentary water in Rooms, we did not get the drinking water on one day, we called to ask for daily supply of 2 bottle of water and they refused saying they have already given. Later a rude manage walks down and says you can have extra but dont lie.
Bell Boy for Luggage:
The bell boy literally dragged the luggage down stairs almost breaking the wheels. and then disappeared. He came to us after we waited for 30 mins at the reception.
It is a very rocky beach, one of my friend got bruises all around legs. The sand is like grave and
you cant walk barefoot on it. You just get sights of cargo ships docked and going in and out. not a very pleasant site. view from other resorts are much better.
Instant Service on Phone:
There instant service answers the phone only 4/10 times. and they 4 times you have to call many times to get something as small as cutlery and plates
Grass cutter machine starts every morning waking you up at 6 AM in your vacation.. how can they be so carefree and ruthless, i have seen ever hotel doing such activities in afternoon when most guests are not in hotel.
Lot of Honeymooners get sold out on the "Honeymoon Package by Intercontinental" - Just one word- Avoid-
Mauritius is a beautiful country with wide things to offer, dont spoil it by staying at this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava