My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights for our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff are very competent and welcoming, the resort is well maintained and although it's not the best beach on the island, the view is still spectacular!
This was the first time we had experienced a 'half board' package and found it to be extremely good value at this particular hotel. An extensive buffet was offered for breakfast and then several options for dining at night. Balaclava is near to most of the main tourist sites, however on visiting the ile aux cerf we found the east coast of the island to be more beautiful and we will probably stay there in future. But couldn't fault the intercontinental and plan to stay at this chain elsewhere in the world on our future travels :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava