Stayed here for a week as part of our Honeymoon. It was not peak tourist season.
Stayed in a Suite room which had its own private Jacuzzi area.
The rooms were of good size and laid out across 2 levels. Excellent sleeping area with comfy bed, good bedside lights, plenty of plugs etc. Beatiful views across the bay.
The resort was spread out across 2 story buildings with plenty of foliage sorrounding the buildings. There were excellent pool areas and some water features. This made it all the better for relaxation.
The resort is in peaceful sorroundings right next to an excellent stretch of private beach.
The beach was clean, devoid of touts and a haven for relaxation.
Service was generally consistent (with the IC brand) but this depended on who was manning the front desk.
Breakfast buffet was excellent. Good variety of food and of good quality.
The only irritation was the daily invasion of birds into the eating area in the morning. On the first day this was exotic for us, but by the 3rd day it became an irritation.This was all the more so as the birds helped themselves to food on the buffet tables (we didnt touch anything that was not kept closed) as well as on the eating tables. This meant 1 of us had to stay "guarding" the table whilst the other refilled/served. The birds regularly pooped on the tables/chairs which was not plesant.
Lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurants was a major dissapointment in terms of choice, quality, taste and speed of service. This is something the hotel management must address. Furthermore, it all came at a "price". They even charged for warm water which was quite cheeky! The restaurant staff made a big deal of insisting that prior reservations were required, eventhough the restaurants were empty.
A good resort experience, let down by the poor quality of dining options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava