Free cancellation until 24/07
US$ 221
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 249/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
US$ 309
Agoda.com
US$ 198
TripAdvisor
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$ 1,063
US$ 594
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$ 391
US$ 258
Official Site
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$ 313
US$ 235
LeMeridien.com
  • Breakfast included
Sea View Villas(Balaclava)
TripAdvisor
1,378 results
All reviewsbeach grillseasonal tastesthe executive loungeindian restaurantwhisper poolheavenly spaadult poolspg membersushioutdoor showerkids clubconcierge deskclub roombeautiful hotelhalf boardbeach frontour honeymoon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I choose to stay at the Westin Turtle Bay in Mauritius and it was a great choice 7 nights 8 days were so amazing that I did not want them to finish the hotel has a lot of great facilities especially the beach ones and lovely rooms ,so spacious and clean but what makes a great hotel greater is the people working there.

A big thank to the Ambassador of the hotel first person we met Deepty she is a great lady for me she was the key to enjoy our stay
Another big thanks to the leaders Jameel Kristina and the one and only F&B manager Teelwah thanks for everything

A special thanks to dooman from the all day dining we loved your service at the breakfast

When you are there the only chef that should do your eggs is chef PAMELA what a great chef her food reminds me of my moms cook I miss it a lot and thank you chef Pamela

In the club lounge my friends Rajeev and Kalmesh you are more than great what an extraordinary service so special and unique Rajeev you will see your pic here thank you both for everything I enjoyed it a lot

From the pool YASH you made our days amazing and we enjoyed every single days at the pool thank you YASH

I will keep the last for the best and the best is you KEVIN i ask every one who has a special occasion in Westin to let Kevin take care of it Kevin will be a great leader one day he got it all what a great person he is has it all what we call the right person in the hospitality field I am gonna miss you dude you pic also will be posted here

I know it was a long message but when you meet such a great people you should mention it
Thanks
Sari

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
De Chalain T, Manager at The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear SariA731

Greeting from The Westin Turtle bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius.

Its a pleasure reading your review and we are very sure that you have left our lovely Island with some magical memories. I have also seen that you have met with some of our stars during your stay. We are very blessed to have such amazing and caring associates working at our resort who really provide and show what Mauritian hospitality is all about. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the associates you have mentioned.

Hope you will return to our resort soon so we can add some more memories for you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Purpose of stay: Honeymoon
Status: Platinum Elite
Duration: 5 nights
Time of year: Beginning of June

Summary:
A great five-star property which went above and beyond to cater to our every needs. Our trip started out with an e-mail communication issue that had us questioning whether we even wanted to stay here or not. Finally we got communication resolved – I’m glad it did as we still decided to stay here and boy was it worth it! The resort has a special place in our heart and they did a fantastic job for making us feel like we were at a family member’s house, rather than a hotel. The property excels in Service, personalization, food, and things to do. If your goal is to be a little more social and want to explore, this is a great choice for you.

Location:
The property is situated in Turtle Bay which I would describe as a ruggedly beautiful area. It is different from the St. Regis in that there are specific, nicer beaches to enjoy on the property but most have large rocks and boulders. It is actually quite beautiful here and you’ll notice the amazing flora and fauna including wonderful banyan trees. Some views have the mountains and Port Louis in the background – it looked like Jurassic Park, in a good way. The water here is clear, albeit not as clear as Le Morne. There is Port Louis about 20 minutes away and good hiking 40 minutes away. If you find yourself having “cabin fever” from staying on a resort and like to get out to explore, this resort is a good option. Be advised that since this resort is more rugged, there are some stray dogs wandering the property looking for food. They never caused us any trouble or harm and I genuinely think they just want food. The staff does an OK job of scaring them away but I had my food stolen from me on more than one occasion. Oh well, they need it more than me :) Another thing to note is that this property does have mosquitos during dawn and dusk. They sell repellant, which we had to buy for our outdoor dinners.

Activities:
The resort offers an abundance of water activities which unfortunately we did not partake in. That said, I was surprised they did not have stand-up paddle boarding…strange. The staff did a good job by coming around and offering the calendar of events. Unique things were presented such as “Indian cooking night” where the chef would teach a small class about Indian spices while cooking. There was also a decent amount of live music every night. Some of it was good, some of it seemed a little cheesy but it was a good option nevertheless. The main pool is nice and situated by the restaurants however, the adults quiet pool is the one that shines. It is a wonderfully built infinity pool and is full service with a bar/restaurant nearby. This was great to lounge at and even in “winter” it was still warm enough to go in though I do not believe it was heated. We would have booked a couples massage however, they did not have any male therapists. Since we were on our honeymoon, we wanted to get a male for myself out of respect but since that was not an option, we did not book massages, some loss of revenue there. I did however check out the spa – the main areas are very nice. That said, the room with the hot tub is sad and needs a renovation. Clear paint was coming off the walls due to humidity and the 20+ year old hot tub itself did not get hot regardless of me turning it to 20C. Its not worth a visit. The gym is huge and wonderful, you will be pleased if you workout there.

Rooms:
We were offered room 100, which is a Banyan suite room. The room itself was big and well-appointed with nice views of a large banyan tree and rugged ocean from the room. There are two things that separate this room from others: 1) there is a really cool zen garden in the back of the unit and two outdoor showers and 2) I believe there are only 5 banyan rooms and they are all located on the furthest end of the property, by themselves. They are also literally next to the restaurants. The first night we heard bumping music from Mystique till 11:30. When I thought that might be the case for our whole stay, I asked if other rooms were available. I was offered an upgrade to the ocean vista, which was the best unit on the property. The ocean vista room is massive. With expansive views of the bay, lots of natural light, and a huge terrace (with three loungers, two couches, and a table), it is clear this is a beautiful room. The room however is located in the middle of the action, close to the reception and adults pool. Though we really enjoyed the ocean vista room, we ultimately decided to stay in the Banyan suite due to its exclusiveness and outdoor showers. If you are a large family and could rent out all the Banyan rooms, I really think you would enjoy the property the best because you would basically have a secluded large villa. The beach in front of the Banyan rooms is so nice because no one else goes there. Not many people have lunch at Mystique (restaurant next door)…so essentially, we were completely alone on our “own” beach during our whole stay. The majority of the other guests were Indian and Asian, and my wife informed me that culturally, they do not prefer to spend too much time in direct sunlight…perfect! In room a la carte breakfast on our terrace was fabulous. I do need to say that the beach in front of the banyan rooms is separated by a small piece of grass, and that the ocean in not very usable. There are beautiful boulders that enclose a small beach, but there were a lot of rocks in the ocean. If you have wetshoes, you’ll be fine to walk in but it’s still not very swimmable. Perfect for a quick dip and short swim to cool off though. IMO, if the property could clear out some of those rocks in the ocean for the Banyan rooms, they could charge more and make it even more exclusive.

Atmosphere:
The grounds are perfectly manicured and gorgeous. It is seemingly more “jungle” than other beach properties like STR. It is wonderful though, and comes to life at night. The hotel is more happening, but we were there at low season and it seemed empty…in all the good ways. They do have buggies but once I realized that the resort is more walkable, we simply walked everywhere. The SPG Platinum lounge is well stocked although we never used it. On the second night they had a Managers Reception in the beautiful Turtle Garden. We were able to meet the GM, Emmanuel, who was a wonderful host and made sure that we were taken care of. He also introduced us to Jameel, my wife’s favorite staff member due to his constant willingness to see us happy. Both were a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond to ensure that we had a wonderful stay. I think the resort tries their best to make it fun – we were hoping for more of a party at Mystique but I think there simply were not enough guests. Overall, the resort is well planned and beautiful both day as night. As an added bonus, we were the only Americans that we encountered during our whole stay :)

Food:
The food here is excellent. My wife is gluten free and upon check-in we were greeted by Vikarsh (?), the manager of food services who was great. He quickly introduced my wife to Jacques, the head chef (from France) and Harrah (? – Indian/Mauritian chef) who literally took her through the main restaurants buffet to tell her about each item that she could eat. Often, if she wanted something, they would prepare it gluten free. Honestly, this hotel was absolutely perfect when it comes to catering towards specific allergies. All chef’s went above and beyond to ensure we were pleased with our food selections throughout the whole trip. Every morning they would find us in the resort while dining and come up to my wife and say, “Madame, would you like some Gluten Free pancakes?” She said that the GF pancakes and muffins were the best she’s ever had (and she regrets not bringing some with her back to the USA). Once my wife mentioned that she wanted crab and they did not have any but responded, “we will get one and make a crab soup for you tomorrow.” The next day, we dined at Fusion (without telling them) and they came out and presented the crab soup – which was fantastic – without us asking. Remarkable follow-up. I regret to say that Lobster Night was pathetic – small portions of lobster for the price. The restaurant Fusion isn’t that great – somewhat bland flavors. We had lunch at Mystique which we both really enjoyed and the Indian restaurant buffet was excellent (though not spicy at all to appease all guests). The main restaurant’s buffet is very good and the breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of choices. We saved the best for last – a personal dinner on the Jetty. Though expensive, this was worth it and each course was absolutely perfect and delicious. We also did this at the STR, but this was even better. Highly suggest you do that if you are looking for something romantic.

Service:
The resorts best feature. Upon arrival I was greeted by many managers who gave me an overview of the property. Perhaps it was the combination of my status and the fact that we were on our Honeymoon that we received such great service…but I get the sense that they excel in this for anyone. The service is top-notch. The whole staff at the Westin is incredible and really make you feel at home. It’s almost as if the staff has your full profile and target on your back: they can specifically cater to your needs. I can’t describe how moved I was by all the nice, LITTLE touches that went a long way: multiple hand-written notes, random and special gifts like fruit trays, etc. The people of Mauritius where extremely nice and it was great to spend our Honeymoon with people who are so loving. I need to absolutely mention the server, Pradeep (Predeep?): he was the best server I have ever had. I feel like he was assigned to us, and catered to us throughout our whole stay which I really enjoyed. I specifically requested him for our dinner on the Jetty and he absolutely delivered with perfect timing and special nods to our preferences that he noticed throughout the week. IMO, Pradeep should be elevated to a manager role, or perhaps even as a Butler at STR as he is so talented, he might be over-qualified for a server role. I also want to mention Manish, who was very nice and a pleasure to have as a server as

Conclusion:
We would not hesitate to go back to this property. It was well worth the long trip. The level of service, beautiful nature, and wonderful memories, and nice people makes this property one of the best hotel stays that I have ever had. THANK YOU Westin staff for making our trip incredible!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear MattPag

WOW what an amazing review. It is so detailed and must have taken you some time to write it so thank you so very much. Again in your review as with so many others guests reviews our associates stand out on top. They work tirelessly with a great deal of Mauritian passion and heart to ensure you relax and rejuvenate during your stay with us so. I will be sure to print your review and ensure the leaders cascade it down to the associates in all departments throughout the resort.

As you say, you would not hesitate to come back, even if the trip is long. So we look forward to welcoming you back soon with open arms.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I were staying here for my Wife's Birthday and our Wedding Anniversary.
A few things went terribly wrong on the first few days of our stay - not to elaborate but you certainly wouldn't expect this from a top Westin Resort.

We reported our concerns to management and for the remainder of our stay everything was truly excellent. I can highly recommend the breakfast, the workout room and all the pool areas. Dooman at breakfast really looked after us, Kevin & Suraj by the pool were great, and I would highly recommend Ranjeev's hospitality in the club lounge.

The beach is better at the far end of the resort, we had an excellent suite I can also very much recommend. It is a beautiful property set in a beautiful location.

If you are staying as a couple, as the desk about the Honeymoon package - it offers a range of things for good value. Also be aware not much around the hotel itself.

If you are an SPG member - you status and associated benefits are fully recognized.

All in a great (and well recovered) stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lee E

Firstly Happy Birthday to your wife and happy Wedding Anniversary.

I am aware of the issues you and your wife had to face during the first few days of your stay and again we all sincerely apologize. As you rightfully have said we where able to quickly rectify these issues and ensure you had a magical stay with us. Our Club lounge is privatized for our SPG Elite members and as you have so rightfully said, associate Ranjeev does provide and amazing personalized service and makes one of the best cappuccinos I personally have had. He is after all fully trained barrister and many guests have requested and received personalized training with him.

We do have a lovely honeymoon package for a supplement. You can add this to your package and you will receive a complimentary massage at our Heavenly Spa and a romantic dinner on the beach, as well as other surprisese during your stay. Also it gives us great pleasure to ensure our SPG members are well valued and looked after during there stay with us.

We hope you will stay with us again soon and we are happy to see you left us recovered and rejuvenated.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me start with an apology as I am writing this review, at least 6 months after our visit to Mauritius. However, its never too late to appreciate. The entire West Inn property was stunning. The view from our room was the best view as we had infinity pool just in front of our cottage and we could see the sea right from our bed!
The food was and the location of the restaurant was amazing!. Day 2 i felt sick due to climate change, but the doctor in the resort immediately provided the medication. The Staff at West Inn are very humble and caring.
The room was very well kept.
The Resort itself had so many complimentary activities at their private beach, which we were not aware of until we arrived there.
After reaching the first refreshing drink at the resort, I did not feel to venture out anywhere.
The Beach and the property is very well maintained.
Please don't forget to have some sugarcane rum on the rocks at the bar, it is superb!
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the resort and do plan to go Mauritius again only to stay @ West Inn minus all other outdoor activities. !
Kudos to the entire team and thank you for your support and kindness.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for Infinity pool view room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Minnie N

Serene you say, yes it is. Westin is serene. A truly wonderful resort to relax and unwind. We are very pleased to read that you and your husband had a wonderful relaxing time with us. I see you even tried our home made sugar cane rum, which is truly amazing. Our barmen are truly gifted when it comes to making this and we have so many flavors, it would take you a good week to enjoy and try all of them.

We see you will return and we can not wait to welcome you and your husband back. Until then,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just had a wonderful stay at the Westin Mauritius. From the beginning until the end we can not complain about anything.
The resort is located up north and we would recommend to get a rental car to explore the island like we did. The resort is huge and very well mantained.
The resort has many restaurants and the food taste is great, espacially the breakfast buffet was fantastic.
We would like to thank some employees they have made our stay even better and really make a good job: Ms. Emy from the buffet, Ms. Vidusha from the Buffet and Grill Restaurant, Ms. Pamela from the eggstattion, Mr. Pradeep from the Buffet and Grill restaurant, Hennah from the Front Office, Mr. Jameel from the Front Office, Mr. Ajay from the seasonal taste restaurant, Mr. Doomun from the Buffet, Mr. Nico from the Entertainment, Mr. Vivek from the retreat bar and Mr. Rodolpho from the Concierge.
And I would like to give a special thank you to to Mr. Tristan the Hotel Manager, it was our pleasure talking to him, aswell Ms. Uma from the Houskeeping department. We never stayed at a Hotel where the housekeeping attendant of our room introduced to us. She did a great job and thanks for cleaning the room nicely.
And one person I have to point out is Mr. Rhubesh from the Mystique restaurant. He really knows his job and it was our big pleasure meeting him. Hope to see him again.
All in all it was a wonderful stay and we would recommend this place to every body.
Thank you so much.
Greetings from Vienna,
Christoph and Selina

Room Tip: The family room with pool view / ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Christoph P

It was a pleasure meeting you and your partner whilst you where on your holidays. I enjoy catching up and talking with fellow colleagues who work in the same company as I do. So much to talk about and especially that you work in another country.

I am pleased to see that you where able to relax on the property and also enjoy to visit parts of our amazing Island when you rented a car. It is truly a multicultural Island and we have so many things for visitors to see and enjoy.

I will be sure to pass on your praises to all the associates you have mentioned in your review and maybe one day we will veist your property in Vienna.