“Better Bar”

Halligan'sPublic House
Ranked #25 of 65 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 October 2016

If you want a nice bar to visit, this is the place. If your're looking for really good food, then it's hit or miss. Monday thru Friday day shifts, Kevin is the best!! He's friendly, courteous and very knowledgeable. I don't know what nights Dennis works there, but I will say the very same for him. Avoid going there on Sunday evenings, that guy is an obnoxious jerk!!! He dresses like a slob and thinks the world owes him a favor. I've watched him on more than one occasion drop food plates down in front of customers as if he doesn't care and won't come back to check on you until he's good and ready. I've been in the bar when he calls "last call". That's fine, but don't serve your friends a half hour later when they come in!!! Halligans, if you see this, get rid of him promptly!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Every year we come here after we've been Apple picking (except for last year-the wait time was too long). This year I was disappointed. The food was nothing great and the service was slow. Mind you it was 3:30 and pretty dead. The waitress didn't come by for our drink order until we'd been there almost 10 minutes. We got appetizers without plates. I asked a young girl to bring us plates and she brought 4 which would have been fine, but we were a party of 5. The shepherds pie was watery and bland. It just wasn't as good as it's been in prior years.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

This place is a terrific find in Warwick. We were staying nearby and came into town for dinner. We were a big group of 9 and the staff was very accommodating. Great choices for kids! Fish and chips and terrific burgers. Huge delicious salads and sandwiches. I had the Cuban and it was the best Cuban I have ever had!!!! Great appetizers - fried mozz and the pretzels and cheese. Definitely a great find

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Some NYC firemen who settled in Warwick opened an Irish pub in a former bar and an Italian restaurant in a former bar just a few feet away. Halligans is a "Cheers" like place where people meet around the bar and socialize. The food is an afterthought but families are welcomed. Plenty of tvs. Not a place for a quiet meal with prolonged conversation.
Down the street is the Italian version which has a bar but is more of a family restaurant.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Everything about this place was good from the second we walked in. The hostess was very friendly, it was clean and bright. Our server Chelsea was friendly and accommodating and the food was yummy. Irish nachos were tasty , my daughter raved about her burger and my Dad loved his Cuban sandwich. If I was gonna say one thing bad it was that my mom thought there wasn't enough chicken in her chicken Caesar salad but we had so many appetizers she didn't even care. Was appropriate for kids during the day don't know about at night. Will definitely go back.