“Beautiful dining area - friendly staff. ”
Review of Silvio's Villa

Silvio's Villa
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I have not eaten here in 7-8 years and the last time i was here I was extremely disappointed. The new generation managing it is doing things much better. My service comments are not directed at our waitress - she was good, she just had too many tables and no support. If all my criticism fell under her responsibilities, she did great and it's still the restaurant's fault.

Service was slow but we were not in a rush so I never got seriously annoyed. It was a beautiful warm early evening and they had 4-5 tables seated inside out of 30-40 possible ones and outside was about 80% seated. They were either understaffed or not organized.- it was hard to tell, but service was slow. We were seated maybe 7-8 minuets when a server stopped at our table said she was not our waitress but offered to take our drink order while we waited. Shortly after our waitress brought our drinks and apologized for the wait. The drinks were good but for $9 could have been a little larger.

We ordered two apps - the beef carpaccio and the calamari. The carpaccio was over the top - delicious, large portion, and served over a bed of fresh arugula. The calamari was very fresh, lightly battered and excellent. I like tentacles with my calamari - helps identify what you are really eating - there were plenty and the marinara sauce was great too. The bread was excellent and the butter was soft and creamy
. I'll come back here just for these apps.

Empty plates and silverware were cleared and the wait for entrees was not too long. We were on our second cocktail which Leo's pass time. Meanwhile unfortunately, no one replaced the silverware. A manager, head waiter or owner should be watching the service and looking out for this.

My wife had the wild salmon Tuscany (sp?) It was good and the lemon garlic sauce it was in worked with it well. I had the "bone in steak." I started out without a fork. The steak was disappointing - it was slightly overcooked, but only slightly, and I'm sure they would have cooked me another one, but I could tell from the first cut that it was not a great piece of meat anyway. I should have know better when it was only $28. I was hungry and ate it. The sautéed veggies were a bit greasy, but tasty. I ordered double veggies & no starch - it seemed veggie portion was small.

I would like to give them 3-1/2 instead of only 3, but with the service needed real help and bing disappointed with my steak, as much as I otherwise liked this place, to get a 4 they need to really improve service and serve a better steak. To get 5 they will have to wow me. It has the potential. We will eat here again.

1  Thank Christopher L

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We come here often when we want a variety of Italian dishes and possibly steak or a good peice of fish. The food is above average in terms of serving size and quality.

If you want traditional Italian this is a great place to bring a date or grandma when she comes to visit. She'll get polite service, pretty rooms and a decent parmesan.

The prices are a little steep, but I've seen Groupon deals for weekdays that make Silvio's easily affordable on weekdays.

Weekends expect them to be busy, but not booked (its a large house with several rooms) and on Saturdays they have dancing or comedy in the bar area, so ask them when you call for reservations.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Great atmosphere, Portions were large, Waiters pleasant. I had the Carbonara and wife had the salmon. Both delicious. and the hot apple pie was to die for :-)

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I have to agree with another reviewer who also went to this restaurant for a New Year's dinner. I have been to the Italian Villa many times and have given favorable reviews in the past. On a positive note, the place looked lovely; it was decorated tastefully and the fireplace was beautiful. However, I have to say that the food was disappointing and the service merely adequate. The food was cold, my risotto with scallops and shrimp was bland. We were not asked if we needed anything, not a drink, not dessert, we had to ask for our check and our reservation was for an early! I observed that a woman at a table near ours was unhappy about the Cowboy steak she ordered because it was well done when she asked for medium rare. Despite the $28 price tag, she was only offered a sauce for her steak nothing else. To me,the management was inadequately prepared for the diners, they offered their full regular menu which was hard to manage. I will give them another try, but not on a holiday.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

My family of eight dined here on Christmas Eve. Everything was wonderful. The villa was beautifully decorated throughout and the food and cocktails were terrific. It was the first Christmas Eve we did not spend at home, and we weren't disappointed. The ambience made us feel at home.