“white ripple rafting”

Wild Waters Outdoor Center
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I opted for the one hour Sacandaga River trip, as this was my first time white water rafting. Every aspect was the trip was disappointing: from the lackadaisical guide, to the mostly flat "river," which had almost no rapids whatsoever - i was only splashed three times during the trip. With a better guide, this ride would have been more enjoyable, because mine made no attempt to carry conversation or have the group actively paddling. Most of the time we kept our paddles in the boat and floated along slowly, which is probably what stretched the trip out in duration. If you choose this company, definitely go on the Hudson River excursion, because others seemed to have had better experiences with it.

1  Thank TravelingPanties
FunFamilyTravelGuy, Owner at Wild Waters Outdoor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2010

I am sorry the trip did not meet your expectations. Thank you for rafting with us.

Reviewed 26 July 2010

We just got back from a trip to Lake George and did a Hudson River rafting trip with White Waters Outdoor Center. I checked out several companies and decided on yours based on the fact that you have been in business for 20+ years and seem to be very safety conscious. I am so glad I decided to go with White Waters. After seeing alot of the other companies on the river I am sure we made the best choice. I was VERY nervous about the trip. John was our guide and knew I was a little nervous. John was a fantastic guide and put me at ease immediately. Our trip was tremendous and John was incredible as a guide. He knew exactly where to steer the boat for the safest and most exciting trip. John also had spare clothing that he gave to everyone to keep us comfortable. We had our 22 year old and 19 year old sons with us. Needless to say they had the time of their life as did my husband and I. We have been talking about the trip since we left. Lunch and dinner were included with the trip. The lunch was good and the dinner was absolutely delicious. We all enjoyed it thoroughly. We will be back again for sure and will definitely request John again since I was so comfortable with him guiding us. We can't wait to come back again. The pictures we purchased were unbelievable and we can relive the thrill over and over again in those pictures we have to remember the trip with.

2  Thank gummamamma

I am glad that you had such a wonderful time and we were able to meet your expectations. John is truly a gifted guide. I look forward to seeing you raft with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2010

Great staff even from the beginning when I was planning a whitewater rafting trip for 9,Cindy, was very helpful in giving me pointers for organizing the group and even informed me of the discount available for large groups. I've been whitewater rafting in the Lake George area and the difference in the staff and the experience was an immense difference. Our guide,Josh, was entertaining, fun and very informative about the area. He would ask our group if we would be comfortable going through certain rapids being that there were a couple of first timers on our raft. A raft is only as good as its guide and we were able to surf a rapid that many tour groups weren't even able to get into. A definite must do and especially with this company. They offer many different types of rafting outings from kid friendly to overnight for enthusiasts. Staff is friendly, enthusiastic and overall helpful. My group rafted the gorge from 9 am-3 pm we were given a sandwich lunch and a delicious 3 course meal when we returned to base. Another great thing about this company is that they are green. The cups, plates and utensils used during the return meal are made of corn. The company makes its own compost and their buses even run on a diesel and vegetable oil mixture, minimizing their carbon footprint. The owner, Doug, was a guide about 30 years ago and even has a landing named after one of his outings. I guess being a guide helped him give rafters exactly what they were looking for! Totally recommend this outfitter!!

3  Thank cy0079
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I spent a couple days rafting with Wild Waters and it was a very enjoyable experience. The owners were nice and helpful. The guides were experienced, safe, and kept the trip entertaining. We had a lunch on the river and then dinner when we returned to the center. Both meals were tastey.
There are plenty of raft companies in the area and I would put this company on the top of the list. I can't waiti to return.

3  Thank ericg68
Reviewed 14 April 2008

April 12, 2008- I got recruited by a friend whose dad had broke his foot and couldn't go. If I knew the trip was going to be as good as it was, I would've broken his foot myself. The owner and his staff were very accommodating- from making sure our gear was in good shape and a great fit (brand new dry-suits were available to rent for $25 (with snow on the ground and chunks of ice in the river, I highly recommend them), to the friendliness of our knowledge guide, Mark. We were doubly fortunate to have great weather and big water (tip: check the USGS website for waterlevel- http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?01315500 -plan to go a day or two after rain if possible)
Our guide Mark had several years experience on the Indian and Hudson Rivers (as well as others) and made a focused effort on navigating the best (read= wildest) route down the river. While watching rafts from other companies go through a rapid after us, it was clear that we were having the best, and wettest, time. Lunch was provided at a stop along the way, including hot soup (which was wonderful) and a delicious dinner too, back at their base camp. The owner, Doug, has been in the business for something like 20 years, and his attention to detail is apparent.

5  Thank knight_w_o_armor