“I wish I had done this sooner!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wild Waters Outdoor Center
Underhill, VT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I wish I had done this sooner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

This was a great rafting trip on the Hudson River. Our raft guide Matt was so fun and really tried to help us get the most out of the river that day. The whole company was very nice and the food at the end was a great touch.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Ideftquill
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New York City, New York
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Total Blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

This will be my 5th year (9th trip) with Wild Waters.
I have rafted all over the world and this is one of my favorite trips.

Everyone involved is just great.
Reservations are always 100% correct.
Food (lunch and dinner are provided) is delicious.
And some great guides that make your ride really excellent.

We got Mark E. on our first trip and requested him every time after.
Between his great rafting technique, his sense of humor and his knowledge of everything in and around the river, he makes the trip unforgettable.
We have had large groups that span multiple rafts and know that John S. and other guides do a great job as well.

You get an exciting trip on which you feel totally safe.
It’s fun and a good value!

Visited September 2010
2 Thank Excalibur_NYC
Saratoga Springs, NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Started out shaky but ended up awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had a 10am raft trip scheduled and our group of 8 people arrived at 9:30 like we were supposed to. We were informed that the office manager was not there yet so we couldn't pay or prepare for our raft trip. We waited for a good 35 minutes and to our knowledge the project manager never showed up. As we were finally getting our life jackets and paddles we were told the bus that was transporting us to the river had to get gas so the driver left to refuel. It was all very unorganized and we were a little nervous from that point on. We finally left well after 10:00 and were brought to the river which ended up ok since the water from the dam had only recently been released so that we would have enough water to actually raft down it. Our guide, Avery, saved the day. He was a great guide with lots of knowledge and a great sense of humor. Our group of 8 which included all adults except my 6 year old son had a fantastic time on our white water adventure. For some of us it was their first experience and all of us want to try the longer rafting excursion next summer. I am confident that without Avery as our guide we would not have had such an awesome experience. I would have given 5 stars if the beginning of our day had gone a little smoother.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank McMaurer
Branford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best days of my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

This was a very anticipated and well planned trip for myself , kids and friends and our guide Jay Chan made it a spectacular days journey! We were all a little scared and naive about what our day had in store for us and we definately were not the most coordinated bunch starting off...we had the raft going in circles upon launch! But Jay pulled us all together and with a calm and intelligent approach, saw us through the day, lightening, thunder , torrential rain and all!...(he wasn't bad to lok at either! lol) Wild Waters and their staff are a great bunch of people including the chef, who provided a spectacular meal upon our return. I hope to get back again soon..(and avoid be "dumptrucked! again)..Thanks Wild Waters..would most definately recommend Jay ..hands down..as a guide!!!!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank LizardRN
Manlius
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Another awesome day on the Hudson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I have been on several trips with WWOC. Every time I walk away with a smile on my face. This trip was with a good friend(we go with WWOC in the spring together), her two children and my two children, their ages are 12-18. Our guide Matt is the Best!. He has a sense of humor and kept us laughing all day. More importantly, his expertise and knowledge of the river gaurenteed a us a safe and absolutely exhilerating experience, I've had the pleasure of meeting many of the guides and have seen their skills first hand. I would recomend each and every one of them....although Matt is still MY favorite. This is definately the company to go with for rafting on the Hudson. You will walk away exhausted, reliving the experience over and over with fond memories that will last a lifetime.
Before we came up north there was a company offering 45.00 all day Hudson River rafting rides. 45.00 per person. Even tough we had six people in our party which would have been a substantial savings, we stuck with Wild Waters. Can I say anymore?
Don't let me forget to tell you the owner Doug bends over backwards to help with any information about the trip. He is a genuinely caring host.
Lastley....dinner. It is always fantastic. The chef makes the BEST blue cheese dressing ever.

Visited July 2011