“Brilliant food!”

Cuisines: Indian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a great breakfast here before setting off to walk the Dales High Way. The waiter was very friendly, the food delicious. My friend had an Indian egg/dahl concoction and I had eggs benedict which were amazing!

1  Thank phillyh2016

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I booked Titus for my 30th Birthday meal with family and close friends. Raj made sure everything ran smoothly on the night, the service was brilliant and the food was lovely. Thanks for a memorable night!

1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Saturday night out 4 friends. First time in the bar/restaurant. Great setting/close to salts mill, the canal, other bars etc. Always hankered to try. We certainly wont be back.

Had initially booked the upstairs. It was closed since we booked so we were put in the bar. Fine, lots of other folk eating, just a bit irksome not asked/told. Anyway, the food: simply dreadful. As our starters arrived the waiter told us there has been a mistake between the till and the kitchen and your mains are also ready...I'm just letting you know. Why, obviously? Why not just keep that to yourself and cook fresh food when its needed?

So... the mains arrived, and quite clearly had been put back in the deep fat fryer. The battered fish was toffee coloured and rock hard and the the bubble and squeak just black. Quite shameful that this was sent out by the kitchen.

2 of the party had the type of food that sort of coped, and the hard battered fish eater didn't want a fuss, so I didn't create a great fuss at the time - who wants to spoil the night for everyone, but I did tell the waiter and waitress when they twice asked during the meal if everything was OK. No it definitely wasn't. The food was burnt. Discretely.

An apology and removal from the bill of the relevant meals would have been appropriate. But nothing. First time I can recall not leaving a tip.

Have since emailed the restaurant to advise and make sure management were aware of this event. Promised replies didn't materialise, so here we are on trip advisor.

Other diners may have had a satisfactory experience that night, but if they can produce what they put in front of us, I think eating here is an unacceptable gamble.

There are other eateries in the area.

Too late for restaurant contact now, worst meal I can recall having. And thats saying something.

2  Thank gordon s
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We ordered fried onions but got pickled onions the pickled onions weren’t warm they were cold.We also had freezing cold chips and they were soggy.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Came here for the mothers day menu and had a wonderful afternoon. The food was fantastic and the portions were great. I had the beef and there was loads and it was perfectly cooked. The staff were really friendly and attentive but also we were left to enjoy ourselves and didn't feel rushed out even though it was busy. Definitely made the 2 and a half hour train trip worth it and my mum loved it too!