Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The bed is crawling with bed bugs. Disgusting. They switched my room ( it's midnight) but I'm sure I won't get any sleep tonight.
It also reeks of stale smoke.
Do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank umshamrock
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we had a chance to meet and address the issue. Our hotel does routine preventative maintenance to avoid these issues. These concerns are a worldwide epidemic.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We chose this hotel because we were looking for a great value, and we found it. Check-in and check-out were handled by competent, friendly staff. The place was clean and nicely decorated. The room, while small and definitely "no frills", was adequate for an overnight stay. To me, cleanliness and avoidance of that "ewwww" factor is of utmost importance at budget motels. The breakfast was definitely a notch above most places at this level - some fresh fruit, mini yogurts, 4 kinds of cereal, chocolate muffins, bagels, etc. I would definitely stay here again, while visiting the Rochester area, even if there were other places closer to my final destination.

Room Tip: The entire facility is smoke free so no worries there. Ice machine signage is incorrect - they recen...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Yes, we moved the ice machine. It was feedback like yours that prompted us to. The old location of the ice machine in the breakfast room was creating too much heat for breakfast travel.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed for one night at this hotel and the 2 rooms we booked were very clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The 2 reception staff at this hotel were very helpful, we needed some milk for our grandchildren and it was no trouble for them to get this from the kitchen. Very friendly atmosphere and would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad to hear the staff accomodated your needs and brought you out milk for the family. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

We needed a room for the night and found this after stopping at several hotels a few miles away - the night clerk at one of those hotels suggested we try here, few miles away. Turns out there was an annual Mormon "pageant", (for those so inclined)

near the I-90 exit where we had exited (at 10 PM), and everything was occupied.

Our room was pricey ($100) for what we got, but we were so grateful to find a bed and bath at almost midnight, we would've paid even more! I think our room must have been recently updated because it was clean (no bedbugs and I always check as best I can) and everything worked fine.

Based on our experience, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My husband and I were on our way back from the fingerlakes and this hotel was recommended to stay in as it was close to fairport for Kayaking for the day. I always check for bedbugs and to my surprise the mattress had several old and new blood stains, old toenail or fingernail clippings, black soil or dirt I couldnt decide. the whole place was not vacumed and stunk of old smoke. I dont expect alot from a 100 dollar a night hotel but this place was disgusting. My husband slept on top of the sheets and I slept in the window seat. we left our clothes in the car just in case. we left asap in the morning. stay away !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tracey123xx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
0.6 km away
7.3 km away
Finger Lakes Hotel
Finger Lakes Hotel
#3 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK