Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Lancaster, NY
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We chose this hotel because we were looking for a great value, and we found it. Check-in and check-out were handled by competent, friendly staff. The place was clean and nicely decorated. The room, while small and definitely "no frills", was adequate for an overnight stay. To me, cleanliness and avoidance of that "ewwww" factor is of utmost importance at budget motels. The breakfast was definitely a notch above most places at this level - some fresh fruit, mini yogurts, 4 kinds of cereal, chocolate muffins, bagels, etc. I would definitely stay here again, while visiting the Rochester area, even if there were other places closer to my final destination.

Room Tip: The entire facility is smoke free so no worries there. Ice machine signage is incorrect - they recen...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Yes, we moved the ice machine. It was feedback like yours that prompted us to. The old location of the ice machine in the breakfast room was creating too much heat for breakfast travel.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Portsmouth
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed for one night at this hotel and the 2 rooms we booked were very clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The 2 reception staff at this hotel were very helpful, we needed some milk for our grandchildren and it was no trouble for them to get this from the kitchen. Very friendly atmosphere and would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad to hear the staff accomodated your needs and brought you out milk for the family. We look forward to seeing you again!
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We needed a room for the night and found this after stopping at several hotels a few miles away - the night clerk at one of those hotels suggested we try here, few miles away. Turns out there was an annual Mormon "pageant", (for those so inclined)

near the I-90 exit where we had exited (at 10 PM), and everything was occupied.

Our room was pricey ($100) for what we got, but we were so grateful to find a bed and bath at almost midnight, we would've paid even more! I think our room must have been recently updated because it was clean (no bedbugs and I always check as best I can) and everything worked fine.

Based on our experience, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My husband and I were on our way back from the fingerlakes and this hotel was recommended to stay in as it was close to fairport for Kayaking for the day. I always check for bedbugs and to my surprise the mattress had several old and new blood stains, old toenail or fingernail clippings, black soil or dirt I couldnt decide. the whole place was not vacumed and stunk of old smoke. I dont expect alot from a 100 dollar a night hotel but this place was disgusting. My husband slept on top of the sheets and I slept in the window seat. we left our clothes in the car just in case. we left asap in the morning. stay away !!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tracey123xx
Havelock
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We needed a place to stay that had internet, refrigerator, and mircrowave, because we were staying for several days. We stayed over the weekend of the 4th, and I only had 3 weeks advance notice to book, so many things were already full or way out of our price range.
Our room only had a fridge and not a microwave, which we requested, but that was okay.
Plusses: excellent front desk staff--friendly, efficient, and helpful. We had no problems with reservations and arrived late in the evening
Water pressure in the shower was excellent. Room was large, had fridge and free internet, Bed was comfortable, although pillows not the greatest. We used extras.
Amenities in the bathroom were nice. Nice flat screen tv. It was a fairly decent price--got cheaper each day the longer we stayed (of course the holiday weekend was expensive, but it was that way everywhere).
Minuses: Room wasn't overly clean when we got there. The toilet looked clean, but smelled like pee. In all of the days we stayed, housekeeping came in and changed linens and restocked supplies, but didn't vacuum, clean the shower, nor the toilet. All they did was put the lid down. You know they could tell it stunk. No scrubbing at all! We stayed 6 nights. The ceiling is thin. We must have had kids staying on top of us the first couple of days. I was awakened the first couple of mornings by constant loud footsteps and banging. My husband figured kids were jumping off the bed.
The breakfast isn't worth eating most days, which is why we wanted a fridge. We went to a nearby Wegmans and stocked up. Denny's is also across the street.

The cookies at the check in area are very good, but they only had them 3 times in the week we were there.

The location worked fairly well for us--close to both Rochester and Canandaigua.
I would stay here again if I had too, but not for as long as we did. And certainly, if I had a better choice, I would stay elsewhere. I would recommend for a short stay.

Room Tip: Book the hotel directly to get a room with a fridge--not all of them have one.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Magma5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
0.6 km away
0.5 km away
No photo provided
Royal Inn Victor
#6 of 6 in Victor

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK