“Good food but noisy”
Review of City Tavern

City Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
City Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 98 Restaurants in Victor
Reviewed 19 October 2017

A friend and I went to City Tavern on a Wednesday evening around 7:30pm. Neither of us had been there before. The place is quite nice inside - clean and modern. The building is essentially divided in half. The left half is traditional dining. The right half is the bar area. While standing in the entrance way waiting to be seated, we noticed how loud it was inside. This was a concern as we wanted to talk. We were seated on the left / traditional dining side and it wasn't as loud in there. We found it easy to talk and hear each other. The walls have MANY televisions on the walls. I often found them distracting and took my attention away from listening to my friend. For dinner I ordered the Montana Burger with the steak fries instead of French fries. The burger was delicious! The steak fries were more like potato wedges than traditional steak fries. My friend ordered the 8" Vegetarian pizza. It was much larger than either of us expected. The down side was one side had a black / burnt edge. And that would have been fine. However, the bottom was black / burnt as well. For her it was not edible. The waitress (Joclyn - hope I spelled that right) was AMAZING. Not just with this but the entire night. She handled the situation with ease and grace. She took back the pizza and my friend ordered Grilled Chicken Sandwich in its place. She said it was delicious. For beverages, I had a soda and my friend had two glasses of wine. She stated that the wine was a little pricey. All in all a pleasant experience, even with the hiccup, and we would go back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We have been there 4 times now. We have tried the meatloaf (signature dish) enough for two meals , the stuffed peppers, grilled salmon, pork chops. All of these were VERY GOOD. I highly recommend them. The last meal we had there was the Monday special: chicken Parmesan. This was disappointing. I would not order this again. It just didn’t stand up to their other dishes.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This bar is decorated very nice and it's fun to sit at the bar and watch the pizzas cooking in the wood fired oven. Food was good, nice selection of craft beers, waitresses were friendly. Fire was going on outside patio, which also looked very inviting. We tried to get in at the mall and couldn't find parking, so we came back to this place and we were really glad we did!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Like many of the Victor area bars/restaurants, City Tavern is trying to be a step above the Distillery, etc. It accomplishes that, mostly by service and a more diverse, and upscale menu. Only been there once but will be back again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We arrived early for dinner and were promptly seated. The place filled up quickly but we still received good service. We sat on the patio and the atmosphere was very welcoming. There were many large screen TVs but the sound was down and they were not distracting. The food arrived hot and was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Nice place to meet friends and mingle with others.