See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2007

Mom’s Place Bed and Breakfast has fast become a regular stop for me. I find myself returning for a week of rest and relaxation annually. It is also a good overnight stop during a trip although I find I cannot stop for just one night.

Entering the driveway, I am struck by the seclusion of the house. It is set back a short distance from the road, surrounded by lovely trees and bushes. A colorful flower garden greets me as I drive up to the house. An older cemetery to the right of the establishment adds to the beauty and tranquility of the moment.

Each of the suites boasts a bedroom, living room, and full bath. The stenciling on the walls has been done by the hostess (she is an artisan in her own right and has a wonderful gift shop that offers more traditional wares such as tole painting, theorem paintings and reverse glass paintings). I live in the country myself and am still aware of occasional cars passing by my home at night. It is much quieter at the B&B.

My favorite suite is the Sunflower Suite which has walls stenciled to match the quilt on the bed. I think I like it best because the “Dancing Bears” are found on the walls in the bathroom.

I do not normally eat breakfast but do indulge when traveling or vacationing and the food here is wonderful. Fresh fruit generally begins the meal. If you are fortunate to be there when baked French toast is being served, you are in for a treat. This delightful dish is made similar to French toast but also contains cream cheese and maple syrup. It is nice to know that while spending more than one night there, breakfast served is never the same two days in a row and there is always plenty.

Although I do not have pets or young children, both are welcome here. The wave pool, off of the dining area, is another unexpected treat. It is a nice place to have breakfast also. Floor to ceiling windows and patio doors offer a lovely country view of the backyard.

If you find yourself headed for the Ithaca area, Mom's Place is not to be missed for a wonderful night's stay and a most delicious breakfast.

Reviewed 2 April 2007

I booked a room at "Mom's Place" because she allows pets, and I had an appointment for my dog at Cornell. I was uncomfortable from the moment I arrived. The place is old, but not in the charming sort of way. When I first arrived the owners family were all visiting, and there was a baby bottle next to a soiled diaper left on a table on the entrance porch. They were all in the "lap pool" making quite a bit of noise.
About the lap pool, aside from the fact that I wasn't interested in swimming where all the family had just been, but it is in a room that is completely walled by uncovered windows. Not a smidge of privacy, which made me feel uncomfortable. Add to that, the owner was ALWAYS where she could stare at you when you weren't in your room. It seems that all the "common areas" are her regular living space.
The toilet ran, but she left a note on how to jiggle the handle. The water pressure was low. The AC was nearly worthless in the "suite" I had as it was on the upper level, and the cool air never made it to the lounge area.
And without a doubt, the worst cooked breakfast I have had in a B & B. Small amounts of badly cooked food, served family style with her sitting right at your elbow the whole time. I could not even eat more than a few bites. I cut my stay short because I was so uncomfortable, the place had the weirdest vibes, the worst hospitality and food.

3  Thank ParlorCity
mamato3, owner at Mom's Place Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2007

Mom's Place is an 1850's farmhouse and is decorated with antiques and Early American artwork done by the owner. It is my home and my indoor lap-pool is often used by family and guests. The B&B is in the country on two acres with a cemetary on one side and a Quaker church on the other, with little reason to be concerned about excess privacy, although there are curtains on the pool room windows. I do live in the house and often see my guests and have delightful conversations with them. The air conditioning in the room mentioned has been more than adequate for all my other visitors, and there is also a ceiling fan in the sitting room. I serve freshly cut fruit, warm from the oven fruit muffins, orange juice and coffee as you come for breakfast, then have a hot meal of blueberry pancakes, baked french toast, or the like along with bacon or sausage. I have never served a meal here when there wasn't enough food. I have many guests who return again and again and request certain meals. I am always there at breakfast to serve it and join in the wonderful conversations that are the trademark of a B&B. I find it quite interesting that this review was posted two years after the stay. The guest arrived in the early afternoon on Sunday when my family was visiting. My "family" happened to be my daughter, her two adopted kids, three foster children and a teenager with a baby that she had living with her, so it is quite possible that some children's things were not where they should have been.
Mom's Place is a B&B that allows pets in the room with you, and accepts visitors with children of all ages. Because of this, there is always the possibility of the sounds of happy children and a playful dog. For those visitors who prefer something else, there are many other wonderful B&B's in the area.