“can't wait to go back”

Ranked #38 of 212 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 18
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Description: Sat & Sun • breakfast & lunch 9-4. Carmen’s Café is about great food and drink, and interesting conversation in a friendly, informal setting. We serve fresh-cooked Cuban-Spanish-American food in a bistro setting. Carmen’s Café was founded with the idea that people need an easy, attractive place to gather; fresh, tasty wholesome food at reasonable prices; and interesting art, ideas and entertainment to feed their bodies and souls. Try our tasty, fruit-juice-based, sugarfree craft sodas!
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We were in Troy for the farmer's market. Some friends told us about Carmen's restaurant close to their apartment. A short walk from downtown, the food was great. We sat outside in the sunshine and enjoyed wonderful Cuban food. The Cubano sandwiches were great and the empanadas were too. Our friends tell us the breakfasts are great. We are looking forward to going back for dinner. they have limited dinner hours so check ahead. The staff was attentive and pleasant.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Took my Mother in Law for lunch on a Saturday. The food was amazing! MIL had a special that was "to die for". I had the Cuban Sandwich... it was really good! I can't wait to get back there.. but they have limited hours

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Very lively, bright colored eatery. I had the Cubano sandwich, very good.i like the tables outside but no umbrellas or awnings so you roast. We ate inside & it was delicious and very noisy. I wish they had an air filter that worked because I smelled to high heaven of fried food. Next time despite no shade, eating outside. Popular place for locals. Very reasonable prices.

TroyWoody, Manager at Carmen's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Adirondacker1—
I'm so sorry you had to eat in the hot sun! We do have umbrellas, and I will talk to our staff to make sure they ask everyone if they would like one (some folks actually prefer direct sunlight).

We'll check our ventilation as well— I hadn't noticed and no one else has complained. Thanks for the tip.

Next time you are here, ask for Carmen or I, we'd love to meet you!

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Very good Cuban sandwich and excellent wedge potatoes with it. They were out of slaw, which was supposed to accompany it, at the time, but provided us, on request, a salad at no additional charge.

We sat outside on a pleasant late morning. Cool views of the old factories and houses in the neighborhood.

There were many interesting menu items, including stews, the Cuban classic, picadillo and a large variety of egg dishes. We will be back to try some of those.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

We went on Easter Sunday 1 hour before closing. The food was excellent as was the very friendly staff and their service. Being late on a busy day everything was still wonderful and we were not rushed.