“Delicious and reasonable pricing”
Review of Nibble Inc.

Nibble Inc.
Ranked #6 of 8 Dessert in Troy
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Great donuts and friendly staff. The baker answered and gave advice on gluten free baking. The gluten free donuts were the best tasting we've had in a long time! Definitely going back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

I'm a donut aficionado. Our foodie guide in Troy - AKA son #2 a student at RPI took us to this delightfully delicious donut hangout. We went with classic donut variations of different glazes. Not feeling adventurous we skipped the filled donuts...until next time! Very good stuff...Bon appetit.

1  Thank a2zed
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

I was really hoping that Nibble, Inc. would be on the same level as Donut Bar in San Diego or Glam Doll in Minnesota. Attempted to check them out last Sunday. Surprise! Closed on Sundays. My bad. Second attempt this Saturday. Only to find they don't open till 9. No problem. It was almost 9.
The first glance - it's cute on a hipster level. Got 4 donuts $9.70. Beautiful to look at. Cut each in half so hubby and I could try each one. Now these thing are the heavy weight level. So it all started making sense. This place is all about the college scene. They open late. The donuts are sinkers. Heavy to absorb the night before liquor. And cheap eats since you can only eat one of these bricks. Unfortunately I was disappointed.

1  Thank cebgel
Reviewed 19 April 2015

Certainly by now you’ve heard of a Cronut™ and its many imitations, and maybe you’ve even been lucky enough to have tried one of the originals ( I haven’t). But I think I’ve now nibbled on something totally different. A cross between a doughnut and a bagel. Not a true NYC bagel, mind you, but then with such a combination, how would you ever know? I’m going to call it, obviously, a “doughgel” (it sounds better than a “bagnut”).

There has been much discussion about the texture of the doughgels, oops, doughnuts sold by Nibble. Some people like them, some people don’t. But isn’t that the case with any food? As others have suggested, don’t go in expecting to have a French cruller, a glazed raised, or a Krispy Kreme. Maybe that’s why they should consider marketing them as “doughgels.” Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY has an idea what a “doughgel” should taste like or what its texture should be. I think I’ll trade mark that word.

Having read all the reviews, we decided that two of Nibble’s doughnuts would be enough for the two of us. The difficulty was trying to decide which varieties to buy from the maybe eight choices still remaining on their shelves at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon. My wife selected the “signature” Dark Chocolate Sea Salt ($2.50) and I decided on the “simple” Pineapple Habanero ($1.50). The chocolate one actually was made with a chocolate batter and had a tasty dark chocolate drizzle on top. So there was a double amount of good chocolate flavor coming through. The faint flavor of habanero and the more dominant flavor of pineapple were in the glaze on the top of my standard potato-based doughnut.

Beneath the toppings on these doughnuts was a crusty outer finish which yielded with each nibble to a denser and chewy interior that was in many ways similar to some decent bagels that I’ve had. I can now understand how it could be possible to add some bacon, egg, and cheese, or corned beef to one of the plain “simple” doughnuts and have a nice sandwich. Without the drizzles or the toppings, the doughnuts are not inherently sweet.

We’re going to have to make some additional visits to explore the possibilities here, and I’m looking forward to that. The staff were friendly and helpful in explaining the favorites and differences between the doughnuts when I told them we were newbies to Nibble.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

These are old-fashioned, substantial, just made donuts and they come in some very unusual flavors. The specials are worth consideration as you may not see them again for a while. There are fairly straightforward cake-type donuts, glazed , flavored.There are donuts you can choose a filling for. There are donuts with cocktail flavors or the bacon and maple sugar one...there are huge donut pockets with a full breakfast inside. Loyalty cards are available for the food items, and local coffees brewed. Nice ambience. Nice owners and staff who make an effort to learn your name fast. Wish them well.

Been to Nibble Inc.? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK