“Great Chinese food! Best in the area for takeout”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shanghai Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 120 Restaurants in Tonawanda
Reviewed 10 February 2016

I never liked Chinese food much and now I actually like getting food from here. We order probably once a month from Shanghai Chinese. It is takeout, there are only a few tables but we like to take it home anyway and always have leftovers.

Reviewed 4 October 2014 via mobile

Uninspired sauces too many fillers in every dish we have tried. Ended up picking through the pepper steak to come up 1 decent meal

Reviewed 25 September 2014

Probably the best Chinese food place I've ever been to, anywhere. I live in VA Beach and good Chinese is so hard to come by. When I've visiting I almost always go here to get lunch. The portions are huge, the prices are cheap and the food is mouth watering good. I've never eaten a bad meal here. The delivery is fast as well. Whatever you order from Shanghai, I can guarantee it will be good.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This restaurant had fairly good food. We had a chicken dish and a beef dish. Each came with your choice of rice and a choice of soup or egg roll. The wontons in the soup were quite large. As we had the lunch specials, each dish was only $4.95

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Yum! Shanghai is one of the best take-out (or delivery?!) Chinese restaurants I have ever eaten at!

First, both the lunch and dinner specials come with an egg roll, a choice of different rices or lo meins (vegetarian available), and then the entree. These containers are packed to the brim, so I definitely recommend opening these over a plate of some sort, because they are overflowing once you open them.

Second, the fried rice is not super greasy - it actually has more of a steamed rice texture with vegetables and meats added in.

I do enjoy the number of tasty tofu options prepared in similar styles to their meat dishes (General Tso's, Kung Pao, etc.). While I am not strictly a vegetarian, I do like to try many different foods and was impressed by the tofu here.

As we now live in this area, Shanghai has been something of a weekly ritual when it comes to take out food. As an added benefit, they also have a delivery service, which is unique in my Chinese food take-out experiences. It does cost a dollar, but they do service the Tonawanda area in general.