“Best Asian Restaurant in Westchester”
Review of Asian Wave

Asian Wave
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Thornwood
Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is a first class restaurant with a very good bar and excellent food and service. The servers, under the auspices of James and Daniel serve the best sushi and classic rolls available. The decor is absolutely gorgeous and done in a very classy manner.
Although the restaurant is in a strip mall, it is a great place to enjoy very good Asian Fusion. Don't miss the Honey Black Ribs or the fried calamari.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Go to Asian Wave in Thornwood. Wendy is a wonderful service person and the bartender makes an excellent vodka sour. Yes, I've moved on from vodka gimlets, for the moment.

But.......be SURE to order the ribs. They are fall off the bone tender and out of this world delish. The chicken satay was very good, as was the peanut sauce, which I hoarded for the rest of the meal, but the ribs? Wow.

Hubby had a chicken and shrimp and scallop thingy in a wonton bowl, and liked it very very much. I had a Vietnamese salad and it was a BIG salad, and I had duck dumplings because I didn't know how big the Vietnamese salad would be. So I got to take most of my meal home, and I am one happy camper.

I got a four top and all my extra napkins and wasn't rushed and what can I say? I highly recommend this place and ask for Wendy, she is so very nice.

So go, already. Tuesday or any day, just go.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Decided at the last minute to go for lunch on a freezing cold Valentine's Day. This restaurant has changed management over the last year or so and is so much better than the old "O Asian" that used to be here. Atmosphere is very modern and clean. LIghting was a little dim, light a night club. Ordered a "lunch box" which included a main dish, rice, soup, salad, a small California roll and 3 dumplings. About $10. The amount of food was generous but not excessive. Quality of the food was excellent. Really delicious flavors and quick, courteous service. Not overly friendly. Popular sushi bar and wet bar (which we did not use, but the people looked like they were having a great time). Really enjoyed the food. Wasn't crazy about the chicken gyoza -- would have preferred shrimp but chicken is included in the lunch box. Rice was a little dry -- other than that, really good. A very good value.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Best sushi in mount pleasant, great special rolls. Service is mediocre but food is worth going for. Cool atmosphere, never a disappointment.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

My family and i ate there at the end of Aug. a car show was going on and was quite loud. The host seated us away from the door and it was quiet. I had several types of sushi and my family more traditional cuisine, my daughter is a vegan and was specific which they handled with aplomb. My sushi was good but not great and a bit scimpy. The seaweed wrap was very chewy and distracted from the other favors and textures. We finished up and paid. I used a credit card which much to my anguish was not returned and I did not notice till the next day. I still have not been contacted by the restaurant, hence a much lower rating. The overall meal was good but little things were not taken care of or provided, particularly this diners credit card.