“Cool ambiance, delicious food”
Review of Lucky Buddha

Lucky Buddha
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Thornwood
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Not only does Little Buddha have great habachi tables with funny chefs and great entertainment but a main dining room section as well with a cool ambiance including neon lights and awesome decor. Years ago this was our birthday dinner chioce as kids, now it's a quiet (on week nights) now it's an intimate dinner for friends to catch up and have some delicious meals together!

1  Thank Michael U

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We love this place, every time we go there. Great sushi, excellent portions. As well as Thai and Chinese food, all done well! And a full bar with fun drinks.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

GREAT sushi, and excellent Chinese dishes - a great pairing. A true "Asian fusion restaurant", exactly what that term should mean.

We've eaten here perhaps a half dozen times, it is always a happy treat for us.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

As always, the food is great and fun to watch hibachi food being cooked in front of us. In fact, we had many good experiences with Lucky Buddha. Unfortunately last Saturday night, my fiancé ordered hibachi fried rice and was skipped when the chef put the rice on all the other plates. The chef said she did not order the hibachi fried rice. In the beginning, I clearly heard her tell the guy she wanted hibachi fried rice, but he mistakenly must have not written it down. The waiter offered to bring out the fried rice from the back. We told him no and we want the chef to cook the rice in front of her, but they refused our request. We finally had to talk to the owner. The owner surprisingly supported her waiter and told us since we did not order in the beginning, they will only bring out the fried rice from the back kitchen. After arguing and refusing her option, we were quite surprised that five minutes later, a waiter bought the fried rice (coming from the back kitchen-looked awful) to my fiancé. I'm so glad my fiancé brought the rice to the owner and said NO WAY. We told her we would not leave until they cooked the fried rice in front of us. They finally conceded to our request, but never should have gone this far. My point is if you run a business, the customer is right and the owner immediately should have had the chef cook the fried rice on hibachi grill in front of us. That is the correct thing to do.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

The sushi was okay, but the wasabi, ginger and seaweed salad were NOT FRESH! And the seaweed salad came interlaced with tasteless, not fresh Mango shavings. That may seem petty but when one thing's not fresh on a sushi plate you have to question everything on that plate. My advice to Lucky Buddha: don't adulterate the seaweed salad; make everything fresh. What's it take to make fresh wasabi and serve fresh ginger? My bill included a $5 charge for the seaweed salad that I returned to the waiter after questioning the presence of the unfresh tasteless Mahoney shavings. I was with family so I didn't want to make a big deal over it. My advice to you: make sure to tell the waiter that you want everything FRESH, and if your food comes bland, send it back and tell the waiter the problem.