All reviews the concierge lounge ruth chris retractable roof nice hotel pool area hot tub front desk staff bed was comfortable nice pool breakfast buffet nice stay flat screen tv new york city cooper elevator lobby wedding
Reviewed 10 October 2018

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!
THEY ARE CRIMINALS!
FRAUD ALERT!
RUDE & ACCUSATORY STAFF!
I was charged for room damage I did not cause!! My boyfriend, I arrived at the Westchester Marriot for a good friend’s wedding after traveling from California (we were tired). We checked into our double bedroom around 2:00 (the only one I was told was available when I made the reservation), dropped our bags off, and immediately left to head to the local grocery store to pick up water and feminine products. Upon returning to the room my boyfriend noticed that the headboard belonging to the bed closest to the window appeared to be disconnected from the wall. I hadn’t noticed it at first and upon him pointing it out assumed the hotel must know about it as it was rather obvious. We’re not complainers and since we would be sharing the other bed anyway we figured it wasn’t going to affect our stay. Besides we needed to start getting ready for the wedding and didn’t have time to deal with a possible room change. I also figured the hotel was booked up since that’s what I was told on the phone a few weeks earlier when I booked the room. I used the foot of the window bed to hold my bag and that’s the most either of us touched it. We left our room around 5:00pm for the wedding and returned around 1:00am and went to bed (on the bed without the damaged headboard). In the morning, we asked for a late check out so we could leave our bags in the room while we had brunch with the wedding party. We grabbed our bags around noon and left the hotel. The bed with the damaged headboard (window bed) remained perfectly made as it was when we arrived. About two weeks later I noticed I had been charged an additional $500 from the hotel and with no information, email, invoice or phone call regarding why.

I have spoken to multiple Westchester Marriot employees regarding this issue. They have been nothing but accusatory, rude, and unpleasant insisting that we caused the damage. They seriously lack in customer service here. Perhaps the entire staff could benefit from customer service 101.

I also had multiple email correspondence with the hotel regarding this issue, but they have maintained their false accusation.

I spoke with Matt O’Connor, the hotel’s superintendent on August 7th 2018 after multiple attempts to contact him. He refused to change his mind regarding the issue insisting I was a liar and caused the damage.

The bed with the damaged headboard was still made perfectly when we left. Its pillows and sheets were undisturbed. Something that would be inherently difficult to manage if we had, in fact, caused the damage. When I brought this point up to the superintendent he paused and admitted that this was true, but that his stance on the issue was not going to change. I have yet to receive an invoice listing the damage and repair costs.

This issue is both conspiracy and fraud. We did not cause this damage and should not have been charged for it.
Luckily my Chace credit card did their research and took my side in the dispute and I have recently been credited my $500 back. Not this time Westchester Marriot!
Perhaps you could benefit more towards investing in customer service (maybe some compensation for all my time invested in this issue or the fact that you gave us a damaged room in the first place?) rather than criminal activity and fraudulent accusations.

DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BUSINESS!!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Robert R, Assistant Rooms Operations Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within the organization. While I do understand your frustration, we do look into each matter involving guest issues like this seriously.

Once again, thank you for comments and do hope to have another opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to the Westchester Marriott

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

UNSAFE!!! On day 3 out of 4 of my stay here, a guy who said he was security (plain clothes) broke through the locks on the door and started screaming at me that I didn’t have a reservation (I did). I finally got him to leave by screaming back. When I approached management about it later they told me it was a “wellness check” because I hadn’t answered the phone that AM. What??!?!? I would NOT stay here as a single female. Terrifying experience and definitely not the restful vacation I had in mind.

Sent from my iPhone

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Matthew O, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hello Reddaisies30!

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience at the Westchester Marriott. Our #1 priority is our customers safety & security & I sincerely apologize for falling short of those expectations. This will certainly be used as a training opportunity with my security staff to avoid such occurrences from happening again in the future. Please feel free to reach to me directly if you would like to further discuss this matter. Please enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

If I could rate this hotel a Z.E.R.O/ NO STARS I would!!!!!! Worst experience of my life and on my birthday to top it off! I was one of 2 vehicles whom had all 4 wheels stolen off their vehicle. We were 6 hours from home and staying for a wedding. I was parked up front in handicap and Marriott claims they are not responsible for anything because they have signs up stating that. They also claim to not have any security cameras and only one patrolling vehicle which in my opinion wasn’t doing their one duty “patrolling” because they never saw anything. How such a popular hotel name with a 5 Star steakhouse attached to it (Ruth Chris)has such poor security measures is beyond me. Although the majority of the staff was kind there was Miss communication amongst management and changing shifts. Our room smellled horrible, Like bad stale chlorine if you could picture that and after speaking to the cleaning staff they said the whole floor was like that. We ordered a coffee through room service but had agreed to pick it up to avoid a $5 charge. When we went to pick it up the coffee they said they never received the order for coffee through the front desk who took the order. The indoor pool is under construction and nowhere on their website does it state that either. Overall I will never stay at another Marriott especially the Westchester Marriott and would advise anyone who wishes to keep their vehicles in the same condition they came to avoid staying there too. Not worth the headache and money out of pocket for damages.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank jml705
Robert R, Assistant Rooms Operations Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues that occurred throughout your stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that these are isolated issues that are corrected moving forward. In the spirit of service, we take guest safety very seriously at our hotel and I apologize that our efforts in working with your family where not accommodating.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to the Westchester Marriott

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Decent room and no complaints. Very comfortable bed and mattress, clean carpet and everything in place. My gf loved their shampoo and conditioner, Thann brand, with orange flavor. Free parking as well. The hotel is closed to the Main Street of Tarrytown. Lots of awesome down in Main Street. I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Lobby and check-in went very smooth, the front desk staff were helpful. Guest rooms were nicely appointed, easy to control the temperature, adequate size. Bed was comfortable, wifi worked good, TV selections good, no complaints. Bathroom was in good condition. Overall a nice property with some restaurants/food options attached (but they are a little expensive).

Date of stay: August 2018