“Good meal in a Nice Restaurant”

Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rivermarket Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 75
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: NATURALLY RAISED RIVERMARKET BAR & KITCHEN proudly represents the farmers & producers located throughout the Hudson River Valley & beyond who are raising & growing their products naturally, sustainably & humanely. We are inspired by the passion & commitment of these artisan producers & look to present these wonderful products on both the menu & in the fresh market in a style that will highlight their unparalleled quality. RIVERMARKET BAR & KITCHEN’S interior design reflects this philosophy as well & features many beautiful reclaimed wood touches from the Hudson Valley, including a 200 year old maple chevron patterned floor; a cypress & hemlock ‘mushroom wood’ ceiling; & rustic, 150 year old cedar barn siding. Another beautiful repurposed wood design element is the use of twenty-five 200 year old antique doors procured from an antique collector in Belgium that can slide together to separate the private dining room from the restaurant. The custom designed copper beer tower, the centerpiece of the large rectangular bar, offers 12 locally made draft beers & two wines on tap – currently an estate Riesling from the Finger Lakes Region & a Merlot from the North Fork of Long Island. RIVERMARKET WINE & SPIRITS, located right next door, continues the naturally-raised philosophy by focusing on wineries & winemakers from around the world who are growing grapes & making wines sustainably, organically &, in many cases, following the methods of biodynamic farming & winemaking. Locally produced world-class artisanal spirits are highlighted among many other wonderful, small batch liquors from around the world. RIVERMARKET WINE & SPIRITS is home to 250 antique apple crates, purchased from an apple farm in rural Pennsylvania, now reused as the shelving for the wine & spirits display. Used oak flavor sticks, purchased in Napa Valley, add a reflective detail to the floor & ceiling of the wine & spirits shop.
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Had dinner at the Rivermarket Bar and Kitchen last night. Good thing I am familiar with the area as my GPS kept defaulting to 27 Main Street Tarrytown no matter how many time I typed in 27 West Main Street. I was talking to the head waiter upon arrival and mentioned the GPS problem and he confirmed that others with GPS have had a hard time. Note - if you go to the restaurant you have to take a ramp going up, If you drive past the ramp and go straight you will end up at 27 West Main Street in Elmsford , NY from where the Head waiter said he gets a lot of calls from diners who cannot find the restaurant.

As you come into the restaurant there is an open cooking area to the right where there is a wood burning pizza oven, so the pleasing smell of burning wood and food cooking greets you right way, Its an attractive restaurant but noisy. If that bothers you , it will ruin your evening, It was a bit loud for my taste.

The menu is interesting and I had a difficult time deciding what to have as so many of the items where interesting, slightly different, and sounded delicious.

I had the cold oysters with apple cider sorbet. It was fantastic. My Tuna Steak was well prepared and the vegetables it came with, a warm salad of asparagus, string beans, mushroom and sliced almonds was excellent. My wife had the butternut squash soup. Unfornately, it was a bit spicy for her palate. I tasted it and it was good , but she could not have it so we had to leave it. The restaurant took it off our bill without our asking so kudos to them. She had the lobster roll and other than it came on a bun and not on an open bread roll, it was very good.

Overall, I liked the restaurant but if was just a tad pricy for what you get overall (Food, ambiance, service, location) , But the food was very good.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We went with two other couples on a suggestion for brunch from our hotel. We weren't sure what were getting into, but boy, we were happily surprised. Had the day not been cloudy and rainy we would have had some glimpses of the Hudson. The menu was creative and locally sourced from upstate NY, which I love. The service was spot on, and we were not rushed even as it filled up. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Went for lunch. Ordered many appetizers mostly raw bar , all of them good. The oysters were very good - fresh and tender. The service was great. Brunch time was a little high volume but it calmed down by about 3pm. We will go back.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We have come here for brunch multiple times. The food is excellent - they have traditional items such as eggs benedict, but offer interesting alternatives such as poached eggs over zucchini fritters. During brunch the atmosphere is relaxed, and the noise levels reasonable - I understand it can be a much livelier scene in the evenings. No view - unless you look past the (very large) parking lot.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Recently had my office Christmas party at the Rivermarket and was very pleased with setup for the party, the food and the wait staff. It was a party of 20 and everyone had positive things to say. So we decided to return for dinner with some friends (table of 6), and this turned out to be a mistake.

Upon seating, we were greeted by our waiter, but after that initial hello, it was like pulling teeth to get his attention. It actually seemed like he was avoiding us. I was careful to check around us to see how busy it seemed and there were lots of empty tables and there was plenty of wait staff, so I could not figure out the problem. We are a fairly casual group, but like to drink and we are very generous if we have a good experience. This was not a good experience and I get the feeling the waiter misread us.

We all had appetizers, and of the six, I think only my wife who had the edge salad (hard to mess that up) said it was ok although pricey for a wedge salad.

Dinner arrived and I was amazed at the size of the servings for the price charged. One example, one of the guys ordered scallops and I think the entree price was over $30, maybe $32 and he got 4 scallops. The salmon portion that my wife got could not have 4 oz and I got the gnocchi and it was mushy and cold. The drinks were also very expensive and very small. Seems like they are trying to squeeze out an extra glass of wine from every bottle and the cocktails could not have come in a smaller glass and again all very expensive.

Check my other reviews, I try to be honest, fair and informative. My reaction to our dinner experience at RiverMarket is; very, very expensive for what you get. I think my entire group agreed, this would not be a place we would come back to anytime soon.