“Delightful Mountain Retreat”
Review of Mountain Brook

Mountain Brook
Ranked #2 of 5 Tannersville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I felt very welcomed by the staff. They really catered to my needs, as an eight month pregnant woman. The accommodations were exceptionally comfortable. The coffee is hot and the fruit cups are really fresh! (the pancakes were to die for). They also know great places to go for walks, but we had to drive 5 minutes. The views from the hotel are simply perfect. I would probably go there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I strongly advise you NOT to stay at Hotel Mountain Brook. Their manager, Amy Lyn Bucca, is incredibly disorganized, unprofessional, and unreliable. If zero stars were an option, I would have selected it.

I reserved 17 rooms at Hotel Mountain Brook for my wedding guests. I booked the reservation nearly a year ago. Throughout the year, I made sure to check in with Amy Lyn and her staff periodically to confirm my booking and let her know when my RSVPs were going out. Now, three months before my wedding, my guests have begun trying to call. No one has answered the phone at the inn. We've left countless messages, and they all go unreturned. Frustrated, I drove to the inn myself to speak to Amy Lyn. When I got there, I sat in the lobby for an hour with no sign of anyone. Finally, I got Amy Lyn on the phone. She informed me that they had "accidentally" reserved the wrong weekend for my wedding guests. She didn't seem concerned that my invites have already gone out with their information on them, or that my guests now have nowhere to stay. She gave me a half hearted apology for the inconvenience, but did NOTHING to correct the error.

The pictures of the hotel online may look appealing, but I want to strongly encourage you NOT to support Amy Lyn Bucca. She is a terrible manager, and does not deserve your business.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Jen Q
Mountainmuse, Manager at Mountain Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Guest,
The Hotel Mountain Brook has been taken our computer error very seriously and we have been diligent in our attempts to assist you with finding other accommodations for your guests. We are in no way taking this isolated incident lightly and have expressed that to you and your family over the phone and via our several email correspondences. We realize the upset this cause you and we apologize for any inconvenience. We deeply regret this unintentional mistake and wish you, your family, and guests nothing but the best. We are disappointed that this has happened and the way that this unfortunate error is being represented. We will continue to offer you any support we can in finding accommodations for your guests and know for certain that there are similar Lodging establishments available in the area for your guests. Please let us know if there is anything else
Kind Regards,
Amy Lyn
The Hotel Mountain Brook

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Very enjoyable stay. Room was clean, cozy with working fireplace and jacuzzi. Loved the breakfast. Simply delicious. Walking distance to town too.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our cabin room was cozy (a little on the small side for the price), but had a high ceiling to give it a slightly bigger feel and was decorated nicely with artwork, rustic furniture and pine mouldings. We watched a movie from the free DVD library on the flat screen TV they provided. The TV picture was clear and there was full cable service. The bed was adequately comfortable, but it would have been nicer if they provided a pillow top or foam topped mattress. We placed some leftovers in the refrigerator on our first night there. When we returned from our adventures the next night, there was foul odor coming from the refrigerator, and we learned that the refrigerator did not stay cold and the food had rotted. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The nice restaurant at the bottom of the hill was excellent. The staff's recommendation was right on target. The breakfast at the hotel was excellent as well. Some foods were available for self service, and they cooked perfect made-to-order eggs, french toast, waffles, pancakes, etc. The location of the hotel was perfect. A few minutes by car to the ski resort or a short drive to Woodstock was all it took. Overall, the hotel helped make our vacation a good experience, and we intend to return in the summer.

Room Tip: Open the refrigerator to see if it is cold before you leave food in it overnight.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jerry S
Reviewed 15 January 2012

From the moment we arrived, until we left- our weekend stay was enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant. We stayed in one of the cottage rooms, which worked out well since we were traveling with our two dogs and able to walk right outside for "relief".

Amy (the Innkeeper) and staff were extremely helpful and answered to all our needs. The included breakfast is delicious- made fresh to order and served in the charming dining room.
The only request we would have is next time a fire be made in the morning to help add warmth and coziness to the breaskfast experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
13.6 km away
6.7 km away
Fairlawn Inn
Fairlawn Inn
#1 of 3 in Hunter

Been to Mountain Brook? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK