“Great Environment and New Friends ”

Empire Brewing Company
Ranked #24 of 778 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Secret Supperclub. Chef Table service. Good and friendly.
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We were really excited to come he having heard so much about the ambience and setting.
We were not disappointed but not enthralled with the Brew selection
3/6 if the brews were fine, our company was great, Meeting some wonderful and interesting folks Kathy & Tim. Too far to travel, despite a lovely sunset! Middle Ages rules

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We went to the brewery for a beer and stayed for dinner on a busy Friday night. The beer selection was great, but it was a long wait to get a bartender’s attention. The ambiance was fun, festive, and high energy.

We were waiting for a table and another couple came in and were given a table before us even though we told the hostess we decided to stay, so we had a bit of a wait. We had the nacho fondue for a shared appetizer, but it was pretty forgettable. The burgers we awesome. The gumbo had a film on it, but the blue cornbread was pretty good.

Bottom line: Go for beer, stay for the burger.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We went there on a Friday night. We got there about 7 and we were seated in 30 minutes. We had a couple of drinks at the bar. I had a slo mo ipa and it was really good then I asked the bartender about the rye beer they had on draft. He gave me a sample and I liked it. It was drier and a little happier than the slo mo. I noticed that their food menu is a lot different at the restaurant than what the trip adviser says it is. We started with buffalo chicken legs and a plate of pierogies. They were both excellent. I like the buffalo legs more than buffalo wings! For the entree I had the hanger steak. That was one of the best steaks I have ever had. I can’t remember the name of the dish that my wife had but she said it was ok. We had the banana foster for dessert and we were really disappointed. The waitress was great and I like the atmosphere of this bar/restaurant. I will be going back soon. I would give this place a 5 but the dessert was not good. I wished I could give a 4.5 but you can’t on trip adviser.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I wish we lived here just to go to this place regularly. Service was fantastic Drinks Incredible The sweet fire appetizer and the pierogies were incredible. I had the beer flight and Peach Buzz and White Aphro are my new faves!! Loooooove this place!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Great local brewery! Good, creative beers. Food is also very good for pub fare with a Cajun slant to it. I like the Gumbo, but the Po'boy and the burgers are all good. The "sweet fire" is a must try appetizer. The management does a great job of supporting local food services, so you know you are doing the same when you go there. It also ensures the freshness of ingredients which is reflected in the menu. One of my favorites in downtown Syracuse (good atmosphere) as well as their new bigger brewery facility in Cazenovia.