“My favorite place in Syracuse”

Empire Brewing Company
Ranked #22 of 779 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Secret Supperclub. Chef Table service. Good and friendly.
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I love the beer, blue corn bread, and fish tacos! Sunday brunch is the best in Syracuse and rocks like it is Saturday night.

Reviewed 7 January 2010

Love the Empire Brewery. Have had several different meals there and the place never lets us down. Start with the fact that they use a lot of local food, including from their own gardens and put it in the hands of a great kitchen crew , the Empire is one of the best casual dining spots in Syracuse. A consistant , reliable menu that changes seasonally with favorites like grilled fish tacos, great burgers and the best pizza in town. The Sunday day brunch is the best though with live music, killer bloody mary's and an eclectic brunch menu. On a recent Sunday visit with friends , the music of Los Blancos, the spicy bloody mary and the crawfish cakes, we forgot we were not In New Orleans. Or maybe we were for a short time.

Reviewed 29 December 2009

When we had ordered our drinks, the bartender practically threw our drinks and change at us, and not very welcoming. The stout I had tasted like it had liquid smoke in it, which was a big turn-off. The other two we tried (cream ale, blueberry ale) were also nothing to write home about.

If I had the slightest bit of a good experience, I wouldn't be writing this review, or would be writing something positive. Beware.

Reviewed 21 December 2009

FIrst of all, it's in a basement. But believe me, this is a plus. The area is called Armory Square, it's loaded with bars and shops and restaurants, but this place stands out. THey have a sort of courtyardunder the sidewalk, which I think I would have enjoyed if it wasn't 22 degrees when I went. They have little tables out there, and I'm not sure of the laws or rules, but you could probably wnjoy your drinks outside if its warm enough.
I am by no means a beer snob, I actually prefer light domestic beers, but I liked their Blueberry Wheat so much, I bought a Growler to go.

Reviewed 13 December 2009

Even though there were only 3 tables full, it took 15 min for someone to even ask me what to drink. The beer was great, but the food was nothing to write home about. AND........I have no proof yet........but it was the only place in a month where my credit card left my presence. And 1 day later 2 charges showed up in Florida at the SAME gas station for over $160 dollars worth of gas, odd how the same day I put in another $60 in Syracuse. The card in Florida was supposedly present and supposedly I signed for it. IMPOSSIBLE. So my card was photographed and cloned. This is the only place where the card left my sight. My cc company is investigating now so use cash IF you have to go. The ambiance was pseudo chic in this great basement space that should have been respected. It really could be great. The space has potential and the beer was magnificent, the food could have been FAR better.