All reviews room was clean state fair yogurt new york lots of parking hotel restaurant check in was easy flat screen tv easy access concert highway
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great, comfortable room and amenities. Easy parking. Nice to have a restaurant in the hotel after a long day. East internet access, a problem I have found while traveling. I would definitely stay there gain!!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
HARRYP1851, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed it and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

i check in for 2 day first day was fine second the room was not clean...ask clerk at check in he send he was going to send someone up did not happen...talk with the manager..no help ....he told me i put a do not disturb in door I DID NOT...

Room Tip: clean the rooms every day/////.....
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
HARRYP1851, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations as I will inform the housekeeping department of the issues you had and come up with a solution so this problem never happens again.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

My husband and I decided after 30 yrs, it was time to go back to the state fair. I did not want to spend a good portion of our money on a 5 star hotel, so I did some research. I did take advantage of this lower priced great value, hotel. I also received a discount because I had AAA. We enjoyed the Beautiful Outside pool for a few hours after we arrived. We then went to a movie theater that was only a few miles from the hotel . One thing that I really appreciated was being shuttled to and from the fair grounds. We were dropped right off and picked up at the same gate. . No hassel with the traffic. If I decide to go back to the State fair at another time, I definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the outside pool and the shuttle to the fairgrounds and we do hope you come back to stay with us again as well!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Glen? stayed late and took the shuttle, came to pick up many guests after the concert everyone went to. He went above and beyond is duties. thx. The room nice but you could not close the stationary curtains? so the sunshine came right in the room at sunrise. The shower tub faucet was very loose and felt like it would fall off. The light was not working in the bathroom so we had to leave the bathroom door open while we used the bathroom. The air condition in the bar/restaurant was not working and the only place to get food.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
HARRY P, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking your time to review your stay with us. We are glad to see that the shuttle driver helped everyone out after the concert to make sure they got back to the hotel. The curtains are supposed to close but we will double check that room to make sure it is working properly as well as the other maintenance issues with this room as we do plan on making renovations to the hotel this offseason. Unfortunately the compressor for the A/C unit in the bar quit on us during the fair but they should have it fixed this week. We apologize for these issues and we hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Staff very nice. Hotel Lobby clean. Great location. Room was good for the value. A little dated, sparse and could use some updating (old rug and holes in curtains). A/C was inches from my bed and switched on and off a lot - keeping me up during the night. Continental breakfast - always nice to have - but even for that, i'd give it a 3. Hotel was booked due to Fair so pricing a little higher than normal probably.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the staff and location of the hotel and we will address the issues with the room that you had while we do renovations this off season as well as possibly switch over to scrambled eggs in the future! We hope you decide to stay with us again.