“Fun retro dinner!”

Cuisines: Diner, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came here on a Friday night around 6 and I was expecting it to be packed, however it was pretty empty! There were only 2 other tables with people. Our waitress was very sweet and accommodating since our group of 7 didn't all come in together. My girlfriend her brother and dad got shakes. She got the snickers and they got the Reese's peanut butter and cookies and cream. They said theirs was delicious and my girlfriend said her's was good, but could of used more chocolate. For dinner I got the Bear Republic sandwich, which was a chicken breast, avocado aioli, bacon jam and caramelized onions on a pretzel roll. It was good, but the jam was a tad sweet. Their fries were good. The place has a fun retro vibe with classic rock and roll playing. Parking isn't easy, but they do have two garages/lots to pay and park nearby.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 28 October 2018

My son and I visited Modern Malt in August when he was looking for apartments in Syracuse. My husband and I visited him this weekend and tried both Sat and Sun to get in and could not - an hour wait each day. I was disappointed because we had such good food there over the summer and I really wanted my husband to be able to experience it. On our first visit we loved our foods and malts! They combine unique flavors which I absolutely love!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Came with my son visiting Syracuse. Sloppy Joseph was great. Sweet potato tots are amazing. Would definitely go back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Took the kids after a trip to the MOST.
Thought they would enjoy a more casual place.
It looks like a 50’s malt shop, which was very cute. Food was very good and we had an enjoyable time. We would return!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch, very friendly staff. Tried the Oreo shake - sooo good and really enough for 2 people! Food was good! Would recommend to someone visiting Armory Square. Minor complaint - fork was dirty, didn’t need my silverware so didn’t bother complaining.

Date of visit: August 2018