Econo Lodge and Suites North Syracuse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed at this establishment for 1 night, the Sunday before Columbus Day, as our family had scheduled a college open-house visit in the area.

We were not looking for much; really just a safe, clean, inexpensive place to sleep for one night.

The place was safe enough but it was not very clean and while relatively inexpensive, it really was not a good value for what we got. Our room had a generally "dirty" feel to it and the toilet leaked so that we had to put towels down on the floor.

Biggest disappointment was with the free continental breakfast. Apparently you can buy a couple of boxes of assorted no-name danishes and coffe cakes from Walmart and put out a thermos of coffe in a 2 foot area of a not-very-clean lobby area of a motel and call it a free continental breakfast. (I am also using the word "lobby" to describe the desk area where you check in and out very generously; it is really not a lobby.)

The desk personnel both at check in and check out were very slow moving and seemed generally confused. Both tried to charge me an extra person fee for my son until I argued that a child under 18 staying in the same room with his parents is not subject to an extra fee and threatened to call the franchise office.

Perhaps this place has it's value if you are using it for airport transportation but for us, it was a poor value due to the dirtiness and the pathetic "breakfast". My teenagers rated it a "FAIL".

Room Tip: If you book online, make sure to bring a printout
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We booked the park n fly. Got the rates over the phone. I was with my mother and sister, so we split the bill and paid cash at checkout time so it wouldnt be on anyones visa bill. After we got home found my credit card had a charge of $11.69. I called to ask why when I have a receipt that says paid in full. They told us it was for the extra person. I said we were never told of any extra charge. They basically called me a liar and said I told that they would have said that at check-in. If that was the case, why wasn't it on our bill when we checked out, I am sure they noticed after the fact and slid it on my visa, pretty sneaky way to do business.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2010

After a bit of a discussion about the agreed-upon rate and the rate they wanted when we arrived, and a call to the manager to get things straightened out, the stay was OK - though the room wasn't as clean as it ought to have been - with some wrappers/cups crumpled under the tv set and dusty/dirty crevices and corners. The beds were clean and comfortable, and the staff was great with directions and suggestions once we were past the check-in scene.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2010

good location at highway and close to the airport easy to find. restaurants and shops close by. room was clean, well equipped and spacious. bed was good. breakfast offers only the barest minimum. no elevator for upstairs rooms. rooms are reasonably quiet for being so close to the highway. very good value.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed here for weekend get away. Must be fairly new or remodeled. Room looked like a room at Marriott compared to other Econolodges i've stayed at. Good for budget minded traveler.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo