“Wonderful!!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful dinner we had to celebrate our 32nd Anniversary. Our server Jessica was great and the food was superb!!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Visited because of the high Tripadvisor rating but was not met with an experience worthy of the rating.

This is clearly a busy, and small, location leading to cramped seating and noisy background. Not too comfortable.

The crab cakes were awful, though I was warned. It was my choice to order the crab cakes, but they are so bad the restaurant should get rid of them.

The steak, a rib-eye was ordered medium rare but came to the table rare throughout much of the steak. Yes it is a rib-eye but it needed some fat trimmed. Taste and meat quality was good but not great. The garlic mashed potatoes were nearly a puree with little taste of garlic.

The requested condiments, never arrived (the bartender/server seemed a little too bust trying to do two jobs). The after dinner scotch was excellent and well worth the more than reasonable price.

In the end the food was okay but not worth the drive from Liverpool, across the lake.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

From the moment you walk in the door... you know this is going to be a fantastic experience. The wait staff greeted us as if they had known us forever. Our waitress, Emily..was as sweet as could be and so helpful. I had the Brie and Basil chicken with greens and mashed red potatoes. I don't know who created the green recipe but they are my hero! They had so much flavor and just a hint of heat. The mashed potatoes were creamy and yummy and I wish I could have finished every bite. The chicken was so tender. The brie and Basil was heavenly. We ended the night with the tiramisu soaked in cognac. What can I say but bravo to a meal I won't soon forget.
It's small and intimate with low lighting and a warm atmosphere. Make reservations as they are always busy. The wait staff are attentive without being intrusive. You are going to love this place!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Went because I had a restaurant.com certificate, won't go again. Even simple steaks and veggies the food was not good. Either had no flavor or gross seasonings. Had an appetizer and each just and my mom had an entree none of the three were any good. It's unfortunate, the menu looked good.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This was actually my second time coming here for dinner. The first time the food was good (had a yummy steak) and the service was great This last time...it was a whole lotta nope. I stood at the door for a while waiting to be acknowledged, two different waitresses walked up to the podium where I was standing and ignored me. Not so much as a "hello" or "we'll be with you in just a minute." The restaurant wasn't busy enough to excuse this. After the second waitress came and went I started slowly counting to 30 in my head and had decided to just walk out if no one greeted me before then. I got to 26 when the bartender came over and sat me at a table. Took another 10 minutes for the waiter to come get my drink order (something he did apologize for, he was making a dessert in the kitchen for another table). Ordered the veal parm with a salad...the salad was very good. The veal had a ton of breading on it that was super bland. The red sauce that came with it was tasty. There are so many other places to eat in Syracuse that I don't think I'll waste anymore time coming back here.