“Great food and service”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual, family friendly. Located upstairs
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Great food and service. Would recommend this place to all. Might recommend sharing a plate as food portions are big. We arrived at 820 and the kitchen closes at 9 pm. Food was great. Looking forward to returning for coffee & cake

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

At the front entrance there are two choices. Go downstairs for classic dining or stay upstairs for casual dining.

We went downstairs and there was only one other table occupied. But within 15-20 minutes EVERY table was occupied and this was a Wednesday evening. Servers were perfect and service was prompt. Food was great and portions were huge. Will make it a repeat stop when in Syracuse.

Food is classic no pizzas. For pizza and such you have to be upstairs!! On the way out we heard some people leaving the casual dining to comment that food was great and plenty left over to take home. Anxious to try the upstairs. So little time - so many choices.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We came for dinner on a Friday night without a reservation and were seated right away at 7:30pm.
We were seated at a table with cold air conditioning blowing down from above us and were accommodated immediately at another table. Wine prices were modest for a good sized glass. Half a loaf of fresh bread and herbed butter were delivered quickly. Salads were fresh with a great variety of dressings. Our entrees of Tuscan Haddock and Skirt Steak were enormous. We each took home half our meal. There was no room for dessert, but they looked tempting. Service was excellent throughout, very professional crew! We will definitely return, it is a tremendous value and the food is excellent. The total bill with 20% tip was $55- wow!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Went last week. Slow to be acknowledged as we waited to be seated. Had to ask waitress several times for a few things--water, bread--and it wasn't busy! She was hard to catch as she passed by. My dinner was the Italian platter; lasagna was not even warm in the center. Another dinner was the seafood platter; never did get the baked potato that was ordered with that. I had my leftovers boxed up and I would like to comment on how the rest of my meal tasted, but when I went to eat it the next day, I had ended up with someone else's leftovers! When 3 adults drop a $100 on a meal, it seems like they could do a little better.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

We haven't been to Pronto Joey's for several years so we thought we'd try it again. It looks the same inside as it did 25 years ago. This place is OLD. It is in desperate need of a makeover. It's small and dark and has a weird smell (like mold). The food was hit and miss. The Chicken Francaise ($15.99) was great, but the broiled Seafood Platter ($18.99) was very bland. You get two scallops, 3 shrimp, and a piece of haddock. All were swimming in a ton of water with a little butter added. No flavor whatsoever. Comes with you choice of soup or salad and a side of fries or pasta. No baked potatoes. Our waitress Lisa was nice but not very efficient. She never asked us if we wanted another drink. I had to ask her twice for cocktail sauce, and I never got it until I was done with my meal. We got there at 5:30 on a Friday night and there were only three tables with patrons, so there was no excuse.

Date of visit: April 2018