“Great delivery and free”

East Wok Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #295 of 778 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I always order to be delivered at my job and the food always get to me in less than 45 minutes. The food is good, fresh and very hot. I haven't had any problems with their service. Good prices great food

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Never found a place this bad. Place is a dump and food was terrible disappointment.

They had picture of what they offered and then just sloped something else on to the plate.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

Ordinary just about says it all. I've had take out from many other Chinese restaurants and this one is undistinguished. It isn't terrible. It isn't great. It isn't special in any way.

I would note that our delivery order seemed to take a long time to arrive. We live about three miles from the restaurant, and I drive that way nearly every day and it takes about 6-7 minutes. Our order was for simple, ordinary, common menu items, and it took about an hour to arrive. I guess that's not horrible but it certainly wasn't impressive, either.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Let's get this out of the way first. The two stars I'm giving this place is strictly for the food which is decent for what it is: North American style "Chinese" fast food (made by Vietnamese staff). It wasn't very salty,it was prepared fast, and most importantly, it didn't make us sick afterwards. We had hot and sour soup, bokchoy, beef with Chinese vegetable (literally one type of vegetable which was the same bokchoy) served on fried rice with eggroll, and some steamed rice. It was late in the evening but the food was made to order for the most part aside from the rice (understandable ) and eggroll (kind of stale and greasy...to be expected, though).

The rest of the review is some advice to the owners. Forget the notion of being a restaurant. Stick to being a takeout joint. Get rid of the tables and chairs and cut the place in half and you'd save on rent. Clean things up a bit such as scrape the top layer of grayish oil sludge off the walls and counter, refresh your faded signs, and get a proper door (ie.not a wooden frame held together by a saggy screen) for your take out
customers to come through. Top of the list though: get rid of the little girl at the counter acting as the face of your business and taking the orders. She's neither personable nor professional, and not the least bit interested in being there. When we first entered the store we immediately got that "Oh great. More customers to deal with" look from her. It took us a moment to realize that her staring at us in silence with an indifferent look meant she was ready to take our order. Almost every question we asked about the food was answered with a mopey "What?" She apparently doesn't know of any other kind of vegetable other than broccoli or what goes into the "brown sauce" poured over all of their food. Her horseplay with one of the much older staff was a little uncomfortable to watch as well. Seriously, we can understand that it must suck for a teenager to have to work behind a counter of a dingy restaurant on the outskirts of the city on a Friday night, probably because her family made her do so. Please do her and your business a favour and set her free. Even with the lack of selection for takeout in the area, your decent food, and for anybody staying in the nearby hotels who have the most severe hankering for Chinese food, I would never recommend this place to anyone solely because of the counter service.

And one last thing, about your website (2 years out of date) motto: your restaurant is about the furthest from being a "fairyland" as I can imagine.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Went to East Wok lunch time, ordered lunch menu shrimps+broccoli and asked for takeout chicken noodle soup , triple delights dish. I was happy with last time order when I was in Syracuse area... but not this time. Firstly, the shrimps+ broccoli dish was quite salty, not what i expected for well review restaurant. Secondly, after 1/2 hr having lunch in the restaurant, I expected them to bring my takeout order to my table, but they did not. I waited at counter for 1 minute, but no one around for picking up my order. So went to coffee shop next door, and forgot all about my order. My trip was heading down Rochester area, after one hour over there I called restaurant and asked to credit back my money. I explained my situation and said I could not return to Syracuse because I am travelling West back to Canada. I asked if he could credit back at least 1/2 of money (of $15). He refused and hung up the phone. Sorry, this is my last time at East Wok, and just let people know how they treat customers.