“Hit or miss”

Lemon Grass Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemon Grass Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 777 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Franklin Street
Description: The Lemon Grass has been committed to bringing innovative, fresh, and delectable Pacific Rim Thai food to our dedicated clientele for over 19 years. Our award-winning wine list, savory dishes, and knowledgeable wait staff consistently create an exquisite dining experience for every customer who walks past our doors.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Our first visit as a family was wonderful! Waitress was very attentive, provided great service! Food was great! Second visit was dinner with friends. Male waiter would not give us the attention we expected, almost felt like we were being ignored the entire time! On the other hand , food was still outstanding!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

The food is still very good, but we waited so long to order and then so long for actual meal that we just didn’t enjoy the meal. I’ll try it again, but hope service will improve or it will be the last visit for us. For the price, service needs to match food quality.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I don’t know if it was because of what we ordered, from the excellent special’s menu, but the time it took the kitchen to get our meals was awful. Two table sat after us and were given their starters and mains before our entrees even came out. Now, the soft shell crab may have been worth the wait, but my daughter and husbands came out a good ten minutes before mine. What a shame. The waiter was apologetic but it did ruin an otherwise good evening. The bar is nice if you get their early and again staff very pleasant.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We went to the lemon grass Saturday night. We had 8pm reservations and we were seated upon arrival. Our waiter was a little over the top at first but I told him this is our first visit and I needed him to slow down and tell me the specials again. From that point forward he was great. My wife ordered a captain and coke and I order a beer off there beer list and they were out so I ordered another one and they were out. My third choice they had it. We ordered the spring roll for our app. It was very fresh and good. My wife ordered the fried mushroom dish with chicken and I ordered the green curry with swordfish. Swordfish was the fish of the day. I have never had green curry and it was great. Very spicy but flavorful. The swordfish was not overtaken by the heat. My wife loved her dish. I tried it and it was good. She tried my curry and it was too hot for her. They put a bowl of rice on the table to share but you can get more if you want. That just leaves dessert. You have to have dessert if you go there. We usually get one dessert but we got two at this restaurant. We got the strawberry tower and the chocolate can can. Both were amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

The food is flavorful, elegantly presented and service was four stars. The restaurant is my new #1 Thai in the region. It offers vegetarian options.