“OUTSTANDING service, good food, very enjoyable”
Review of Scotch 'n Sirloin

Scotch 'n Sirloin
Ranked #294 of 704 Restaurants in Syracuse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2017

We had dinner here on a Friday evening. The place was packed (make a reservation!). I started with steamed little neck clams, and our friend had the special goat cheese appetizer. The guys had oysters on the half shell. Salad bar was great. Three of us had petite filet, cooked perfectly. One person had scallops. We split the raspberry cream, which was very light (despite having sour cream). All of the food was very good. The service was incredible. The servers work as a team and they promptly removed dirty glasses, etc. Extremely attentive and well trained. The atmosphere is dark and cozy. This is not a trendy place but, if you like classics, you'll have a very enjoyable evening and a great meal.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

I haven't been to the Scotch 'n Sirloin in a while. The salad bar is much smaller and the prices have gone up, but overall our experience was positive. Servers were attentive, until we finished and then sat with dishes in front of us for a while. Food was good, not great. I was impressed how busy it was on a Sunday night.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I took my wife to Scotch 'n Sirloin for Valentine's Day dinner. When we dated before marriage, 41 years ago, we often came to this restaurant for cocktails and dinner, so it has always had a close memory for us. The bar area is very cozy with a roaring fire in the center fire pit and peanuts to shell and toss on the floor, just like over 40 years ago.
The dinner was great and expertly prepared by a French chef. We ordered a seafood special that came with a delicious sauce and tapenade. The well supplied and varied salad bar hasn't changed in all these years and the service by multiple wait staff hasn't either. Scotch 'n Sirloin is noted for their excellent steaks but I wouldn't hesitate to try their seafood and other specials. We had a wonderful night and plan on going again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Perfect place for that special evening with that special person. The circular fireplace in the bar is a great way to start or end the evening with conversation.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

I heard some good things about this place. However, I came away disappointed.

First off, the place from outside looks like a factory. Building an entrance looks very uninviting. Though, once inside it looks much better.

One thing I immediately noticed when walking in, was that the place had some sort of "smog" in the air. I guess, this comes from the meat on the oven. For me this was a turn off, and my throat got all dried up.

Food itself was acceptable. Well, my salad was dry and small. Sea scallops were good. My friends had different experiences with the meat. One was done well, another was to dry and yet another was almost raw. So much so that is was uneatable.

Also, while having a big wine and cocktail list, the cocktails were rather disappointing. I've had two different ones and both were bland.

That said, the biggest turn off was that we got served by seven (!!!) different people. Not only that, but upon sitting down we were asked what we want to drink (mind you we were six people just sitting down). Then after two minutes we got asked again (by another person) and after five minutes again by another person. This went on and on. Even during dinner, we got asked by three different people "how the food is".

Serving people is an art. Unfortunately, most places don't invest in good people. This restaurant is no exception.