All reviews valet parking bedroom suite armory square full kitchen extended stay desk space front desk staff rewards member available for purchase newer hotel fast wifi fayette street directly across the street a pet friendly hotel sink area hot and cold items convenient location
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Nine months before our daughter's wedding she signed a contract for 20 rooms to be blocked at a special rate for the wedding. The contract had a disconnected phone number for people to call. That was the first problem. As people started trying to reserve rooms for the wedding, they were consistently told there was no wedding block. When we tried to correct this, we were told it was our problem. The woman in charge of this was not helpful at all. Be aware that when you call the front desk to make a reservation, you are immediately connected to a call center somewhere in the US - not at the location you want to book. Our guests were constantly told by the call center that there was no block of rooms. The groom was told this when he tried to book a room for their wedding night. It was a nightmare trying to correct the problem - which was never corrected as we had asked. Also be aware if you reserve a room on Fayette Street on a weekend night, noise will be a problem. Several guests found this to be true.Also, it is confusing to have The Residence Inn door right next to the Courtyard door - some guests were not sure which hotel they were in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Fayette Street
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Sarah M, Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

bellaserasmama,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. I apologize for the confusion in making reservations. As we are 2 hotels in one location, we do instruct our groups to specify which hotel they are looking for when they call. We did also provide a link for guests to make reservations. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to our Sales team to streamline this process in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

FYI: Effective August 27 the Marriott Resident Inn, Syracuse New York, has cancelled their Mixers. I spoke with the sales manager who told me that it was because there were so many good restaurants in the area and they felt guests would rather go out to a restaurant. I for one love the mixer; a drink and snack in the hotel and not having to go out. She said that it was not a Marriott policy and that only some locations were implementing this new practice. If you like the Resident Inn Mixer you should check before you go! Caveat Emptor.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Sarah M, Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Wilfred F,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. With over 20 restaurants within a 1-mile radius, we found our Mix attendance to be very low. We do still offer complimentary breakfast, and have a Bistro next door at our sister hotel for dinner purchase. We do hope you choose to continue to stay with us!

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here just one night as a stop over on a long drive. The neighborhood seems very trendy and cool. We enjoyed the upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. Plenty of space. The Mix evening reception was nice and the breakfast was as expected. Our kids also had a good time at the pool. Overall, everything you’d expect from a Residence Inn.

They only have valet parking, but there is street parking (seems to be free in the evening) and also a garage right next door.

The one small elevator, which is also used as a service elevator, is very slow and undersized for the size of hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Sarah M, Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Greatone3800,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our spacious two-bedroom suite. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Room was okay with comfortable beds, but it was poorly cleaned - particularly the tile floors which were sticky and smelled of some sickly sweet industrial cleaner. Free breakfast was nice, with good choices including fresh cut fruit, which we appreciated. Also liked the free coffee throughout the day. I will echo what other reviewers said about the very slow single elevator shared by staff and guests - bad idea and clearly a design flaw. Particularly annoying was staff pressing additional floors to send the elevator to their colleagues, regardless of guests being in the elevator.

My biggest complaint is about the customer service. Contrary to what is advertised, Netflix wasn’t operable on the TV, like in other Marriotts (stayed at Marriott Gateway in DC in June). If this had been communicated before our arrival, we could have brought an iPad. Although the staff member was apologetic, she did not return my call as she promised, as she need to check with her manager. Upon checking out I asked about this again and staff member called her manager - I waited 5 minutes and the manager did not appear. Since my car had arrived, I left my number so the manager could call. I’m still waiting for her call. This issue could have been easily resolved, but required communication and follow up, neither of which the staff/management did. Perhaps they thought the problem would just go away? Ironic that right on the front desk there was Trip Advisor literature inviting reviews...and here it is.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

CountessChloe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I will be sure to pass your feedback along so we may avoid these issues in the future. We are currently working to get Netflix up-and-running and anticipate it will be ready soon. We do hope you choose to give us another try.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The residence inn and courtyard are literally next to each other, essentially the same building. The Residence Inn is nice and includes a hot breakfast. Room was clean and large. Kitchenette is a nice feature, apartment size fridge. Bathroom was decent, a little bit of mold in the cracks of the shower door area but I guess eventually that'll happen. Staff was friendly. Stayed here for a wedding. Valet is a nice and quick. I think it was $12 per each night checked in. Right in the middle of Armory square. Walking distance to many restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, Manager at Residence Inn Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

rl8587,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our central location! We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon