“Great Food (and beer) and Better Service”

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 768 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gordon Biersch offers eclectic American food with a twist. Our on-site chef creates unexpectedly good food, crafted to complement the nuanced flavors of our beer. Gordon Biersch beer is made with German precision brewing that meets American craft. We brew with the highest quality local and imported ingredients that are brewed on-site.
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I've been to Gordon Biersch numerous times, and have always had a great experience. Decided to go here for dinner for my birthday and was very glad I did so. They had some new beers on tap, so we each started out with a sampler flight of beers. This is a great deal (6 samples for $5). The beers here are always quality and they have something for everybody. I don't like IPAs and they have plenty of non-hoppy beers.

We ordered the Asian Chicken Bites as an appetizer. When they arrived, they only had a little of the Hawaiian teriyaki sauce, and we thought they might be a bit dry, so we asked for a side of the sauce so we could dip the chicken in. This was definitely a good plan. But I cannot discount the chicken on its own. These were the most flavorful and most tender chicken bites I have ever had. The breading was light but crunchy. I could have eaten them plain, but the extra teriyaki sauce added a sweet umami flavor to this dish. I will always order these whenever I come back.

I ordered a steak with gorgonzola garlic sauce with a side of quinoa kale salad and mushroom spatzle. I asked for my steak to be medium rare. When I cut into it, I could tell it was overcooked (bordering on well-done). It was seasoned wonderfully and would have tasted great for someone who likes well-done steak, but I prefer my steak to at least be somewhat pink inside (this had none). I brought this to the attention of our waiter, Brian, who agreed with my assessment of the steak temperature. He apologized and immediately placed an order for a new steak. The next arrived cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. And the gorgonzola sauce added an richer depth of flavor. The quinoa kale salad was lightly dressed and had a nice amount of acid to cut through the savory steak. The spatzle, while good, was the least impressive element of the dish, but would be great as a comfort meal on its own or with bratwurst.

We also had a side of garlic fries with extra garlic. If you love garlic, these are a Gordon Biersch must have. And for dessert, we had the apple bread pudding. This bread pudding is the best I have ever had, it is rich and sweet with a caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. I always eat too much before dessert, but have to get this dessert.

All of our food was delicious, but the service we received was the highlight of our dining experience. Our server, Brian, was very attentive and checked on us. He was very knowledgeable about the beer selection and made some wonderful suggestions that did not disappoint. While there were a few missteps with the food (overcooked steak and missing garlic fries), Brian made sure to correct these as quickly as possible.

This was a fantastic dinner. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

After a long day, decided to stop in for a bite to eat, and a flight of beer. Very happy we did! The beer is very good, and a flight is very cheap, $5 for 6 samples!! The food was excellent, and very reasonably priced too. The atmosphere is very comfortable, great music played, it was overall a great experience.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Been here many times and their Kobe Cheeseburger is amazing with their garlic fries. It is by far our favorite... They have a great selection of beers at good prices... but if you are not a beer drinker they have wines and great cocktail... The services is excellent and the food is tasty!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Hostess took our cell number to text us when our table was ready. She was spot on with the time for a wait -- 30 minutes. But we got no text. Luckily, we were sitting right outside the restaurant in chairs and the mall was not too noisy, because she called out our name instead. They did ask our seating preference -- we wanted a place with backs to the chairs and not the raised tables with benches.

It took a long time for us to get our food. My wife ordered a beer but the server did not ask her what size she wanted -- they have 3 sizes. She brought out the largest, which was 21 ounces. A server should always ask.

My wife liked her California Cobb Flatbread. My Gorgonzola Pear Salad had pecan-crusted chicken, but the chicken was burned. I also had a sizable chunk of white lettuce from what appeared to be the inside of an iceberg lettuce head.

The garlic fries were fine.

The food last time was much better.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We have been to Gordon Biersch in Syracuse before and knew we wanted to go there while in Syracuse for dinner. We were in the area early so had a snack and drink during their happy hour which held us until we went back for dinner later that evening. Food was good and tasty. I had the Gorgonzola Pear Salad. It came with a pecan crusted chicken. The salad was good but the flavours of the chicken didn't really compliment the dish...but there was enough salad that I just left the chicken. Everyone else was happy with their meals and we will go back again when in town. Service was fine and attentive.