“Went out for a meat fest at Texas de Brasil and was atracted by the idea of new things. I am glad we changed our minds”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #66 of 691 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Great place, great ambiance, excellent waitress, extremely fast and very polite, fast service, delicious taste. We tried the enchilada and the asado y enchilada, the steak was Ahhhhhhh, so unbelievable delicious, the meat tender, the chimichurri.
We also added some guacamole to our chips, and the waitress came and made the salsa in front of us.
I could not have been more pleased than been in a place like this , is a place i will return wth my other 2 kids and i highly recommend it

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cantina Laredo

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have gone almost 3 times in the last month. The very first time we went was a Friday afternoon. It was our waitresses first day so I won't comment too much on that. The food was pretty good and we thought we were getting a great deal! We ordered the house tables use guac which was good! We thought that it was quite small for the menu to say 2-4 people though since it was barely enough for us. I ordered the carne Asada and it was soooo salty! Overly salty. I mentioned something to the waitress since I was sharing with my son; but ate it anyway ( I hate sending food back). The manager came over and asked if I'd like a new steak but I declined.
My husband had a steak as well which was good.

Second time we went on a Monday and had the same meals and this time the guacamole was more of what we expected and paid for!! I smartened up an asked for no salt this time on my steaks which were much better.. But thrown the cilantro lime rice tasted as if it were made several days ago and just sitting in the rice cooker- it was quite hard and disappointing; the bar tender was also not that great at a house margarita.

Our most recent time was on a Thursday and this time the drinks were better, the guacamole was great.. The service was decent and once again the rice was blah!

Maybe they make their rice on Fridays... Ask for no salt on the steaks bc even without it I felt like I was eating a salt stick at times.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

We had a great time at Cantina Laredo. It might be the best choice in the Destiny Mall, since so many of the other restaurants have predictable menus. The drinks are great, and if ordered during Happy Hour, a bargain. There is no need, really, to order an appetizer. The main course is ample enough. The wait staff is knowledgeable and ready to offer help by answering questions about what ingredients are in which foods. They also point out what is likely to be spicy. During the meal the manager came by, introduced himself, and offered his thanks. He saw we were new to the restaurant and wanted to welcome us. In all, a good experience, and a nice choice for American-style Mexican food.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

We came in on a Saturday night to grab a quick bite. There were around 10 unseated tables taking up the majority of the center of the restaurant and yet we were told there would be a fifteen minute wait to be seated. We waited about 20 minutes before we were given a table.

We ordered the queso dip appetizer to start. After about 20 minutes of no show from our waitress, she came over to refill our waters and told us the dip would be out shortly. Another 25 minutes passed before the manager finally brought it out and told us it would be comped due to the wait. The dip itself was a nightmare. the consistency was like soup. I can't even start of flavor because you couldn't scoop it with a chip because it was so runny.

We both got the Tacos de Barbacoa and that was just as bad as the start of our meal. They brought out the meal shortly after the appetizer. The tacos themselves were cold, the beans were not to my liking (personal taste) and my rice had a nice long brown hair I pulled out before I could even take a bite.

We both finished about 1/3 of our meal, I had to eat around the rice. We did not complain to the waitress or to the manager about the meal, I just quickly asked for a check. The waitress came over and told us the meal was free because of how everything had gone. It really speaks volumes that they were so bad they didn't even have to be prompted to discount or comp the meal. It was hands down one of the worst dining experiences of my life. They could offer me a $50 coupon and I might give it to my worst enemy.

Go upstairs to the little burrito shack directly above this nightmare or basically anywhere else in the Mall. Food Court produces better and warmer food than you will get here for a lot cheaper.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I go here at least every couple months and the food is consistently great. It's by far our favorite place to eat in the mall. The service is always good and the wait staff are friendly. If you can get there during certain times they have half price drinks too.