We stayed at this hotel for three nights in March. I chose this property as it was close to a family member's home, and had room for three adults, as it had a separate bedroom and a hide-a-bed, as well as a good size kitchen area, with a two burner cook top, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and utensils. All the staff members we encountered were very friendly, pleasant, and helpful, no matter the time of day. The parking was fine, and even though there was only one elevator, we never encountered a delay. I was disappointed however, as the trash can in the bathroom had not been emptied, and contained a soiled diaper and other trash. The carpet had not been vacuumed very well, and was a bit soiled, with a couple of stains that were quite obvious. The furniture, particularly the chair and sofa/hide-a-bed cushions, were getting very worn. The mattress on the sofa was worn, and looked as if it should be replaced. When I requested extra pillows and a blanket, the front desk provided them right away; however, both the blanket in the room and the one provided were torn and very worn. I also was unaware that the room was only serviced once a week; yes, it is an extended stay property, but I have stayed at other long-term (non-Candlewood) hotels that were cleaned on a daily basis. While it wasn't too inconvenient exchanging soiled towels for clean at the desk, I wasn't expecting it - again, I hadn't stayed at a Candlewood property before. If I could, I would rate this as a 3.5, due to the cleaning/trash issues, as well as some of the worn furnishings. Knowing what to expect, I would stay at a Candlewood property again, if one of my usual choices was unavailable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. We are the closest hotel to the airport. This quiet gorgeous hotel is not only neighboring Hancock International Airport (SYR), but also offers easy access to I-81 and I-90, which gives you convenient access to all of Syracuse including Syracuse University, The Carrier Dome, The New York State Fairgrounds, Carousel Center-DestiNY USA, The OnCenter, and much more.Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport offers 124 spacious suites with amenities including full kitchens, DVD players, and free high-speed Internet. The Candlewood Suites hotel features a large and well equipped fitness center, free guest laundry, as well as the Candlewood Cupboard. Candlewood Suites-Syracuse Airport also gives you a variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as access to our complimentary Airport Shuttle providing transportation to the airport or any of the immediate area restaurants. Pets are welcome with a fee.Current vaccination record must be shown, and pet policy must be signed at check-in. Typically room cleaning once checked in, is provided once every 7 days. Visit with our friendly Guest Service Representatives for information on Syracuse anytime as our Front Desk is open 24 hours day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport Hotel Syracuse
- Candlewood Suites North Syracuse
- Candlewood North Syracuse
- North Syracuse Candlewood Suites