“Met our needs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Severn, Maryland
“Met our needs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in March. I chose this property as it was close to a family member's home, and had room for three adults, as it had a separate bedroom and a hide-a-bed, as well as a good size kitchen area, with a two burner cook top, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and utensils. All the staff members we encountered were very friendly, pleasant, and helpful, no matter the time of day. The parking was fine, and even though there was only one elevator, we never encountered a delay. I was disappointed however, as the trash can in the bathroom had not been emptied, and contained a soiled diaper and other trash. The carpet had not been vacuumed very well, and was a bit soiled, with a couple of stains that were quite obvious. The furniture, particularly the chair and sofa/hide-a-bed cushions, were getting very worn. The mattress on the sofa was worn, and looked as if it should be replaced. When I requested extra pillows and a blanket, the front desk provided them right away; however, both the blanket in the room and the one provided were torn and very worn. I also was unaware that the room was only serviced once a week; yes, it is an extended stay property, but I have stayed at other long-term (non-Candlewood) hotels that were cleaned on a daily basis. While it wasn't too inconvenient exchanging soiled towels for clean at the desk, I wasn't expecting it - again, I hadn't stayed at a Candlewood property before. If I could, I would rate this as a 3.5, due to the cleaning/trash issues, as well as some of the worn furnishings. Knowing what to expect, I would stay at a Candlewood property again, if one of my usual choices was unavailable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edward B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time out to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that all of the team members you came in contact in during your stay were pleasant and friendly. We pride our selves on being a friendly hotel and like to make our guests feel at home during their extended stays in Syracuse. I am sorry that we did not inform you about our cleaning schedule here at the hotel. It is a standard that the room is serviced once a week, however we are very flexible and can adapt to any cleaning schedule our guests may need. I am very sorry for the garbage can in your room being missed during the cleaning of your room. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team members and we have used them as a training tool. All comments good or bad help us grow as a hotel. We are due for an upgrade on all of our soft seating here at the hotel and look forward to finishing that project in the near future. Thank you again for your time and your review and we look forward to serving you in the future if you happen to come to Syracuse to visit again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Napanee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here before our flight out. Booked the stay and park package.Hotel personnel and shuttle service were both excellent.Drop off and pick up from and to the airport was seemless. The rooms were terrific with fridge,stove,micro,separate bedroom with TV was more than we required but was greatly appreciated.Room was spotless and heating system worked well.No complaints here in any aspect of the stay.Highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Make this your first choice for a stay if travelling out of Syracuse Airport and require parking and...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport before our very early flight out of Syracuse the following morning. The staff at this hotel is GREAT ! They asked all the right questions including our return flight information so they could make sure if it was returning later, then they would schedule a van driver to stay late and pick us up. We were scheduled for a return into Syracuse at 12:30 am. When we returned the van driver was there right after we got our bags. No waiting !
The rooms were clean (although a little worn) and the price was one of the cheapest for a park and fly around Syracuse. I will stay here again in the future if I should fly out of Syracuse again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 537DavidDavis
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Due to an emergency hospital stay during a visit to family in Syracuse we had to extend our stay in Syracuse. We had a pet that was in a local kennel as the apartment our parents lived in did not allow pets. So we researched and found the Candlewood Suites were pet friendly and had a very acceptable accomodation to suit my husbands recovery needs. From the time I visited to select a suite style to the time we checked out the staff have been extraordinary. I was put at ease about any of my husbands post-op needs and assisted at every turn with information, suggestions, and just outright friendly concern and credible professionalism. My husband and I ownded our own dental practice and know the importance of customer service. We could not have been more pleased with the staff. I was greeted daily by a staff member and sincere inquiry was made to our well being. We will most certainly recommend this facility to others and return to stay upon our next visit to Syracuse. Thank you for the courtesy, care, and quality that your company exudes. The facility was also clean, well maintained, and hospitable. We felt welcomed, safe, and at home. This is how a business should be managed!

Room Tip: I would suggest that a traveler ask to see possible room choices and select the one most appropriate...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela F
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I left my cell phone in the room and took their shuttle to airport. Realized I had left it, called front desk and the found it in my room and brought it to me at airport ASAP so I would not miss my flight!

• Stayed December 2011